Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 with no balls

Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puregolf
Definitely time to re gear. And yes I am going to have to do the 5.13. I am very mechanically inclined is this something that I can do on my own?
I am also i have rebuilt engines and built my own track cars but i figured this was something better left for someone that will be accountable for the install with years of experience .. I rarely let anyone touch my vehicles for anything but i am glad i found who i did,, and even happier with the results..

I paid 1200.00 for gears (etc) and labor. Just to give a feel for a price.. (its kind of middle ground price wise from what i have seen)

I understand that some people are fine with the power and driveabilty of how there vehicle comes from the factory but for myself (and obviously alot others) i cant seem to leave anything alone..
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a Jeep.. what can you expect!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flip94ta
Have you thought of getting a baseline dyno? Maybe you got a dog and if so maybe they'll do something about it.

Is Chrysler running Cannes ecu's? If so was 2011 the start?
Lol, nice auto correct. I meant did Chrysler switch to a newer canbus ecu?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is exactly why I traded my 2011 for a 2012. I have JKU Rubicon, AT, 4.10s and 35's and gearing is just about right... I am on level ground... no mountains for me.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Traded in a 2011 for a 2012. I hope you had made a big down payment on that 2011. I hate trading and being upside down. Not that you were. Just saying most people would be.

To the original OP. I own both a 2007 supercharged JK and a 2012 JKU. I love both my JK's. I don't know your situation. Maybe you do not own a lot on your 2011. Maybe you would be upsidedown to trade in on a 2012-13. If you do not want to trade I would seriouly consider a supercharger.

According to your pofile you are running stock wheels and tires and you have decent gears. So unless you plan to go to bigger tires soon you really have no need to regear. That would be one way to feel an increase. The other would be to buy a supercharger. Obviously that is my vte since I have one. Yea they are $5,000 but it is a very good investment for a jeep you plan on keeping for a while and power is not an issue. My heavy *ss 2007 JK can WHOOP my stock 2012.

So spend some money and trade in on a new jeep or spend some money to make your current one move. I would prefer to spend a few thousand rather than upgrading a vehicle which will cost several more thousand.

I guess it is easy for me to say since I already own a 2012 but the new jeep ain't all that. That's how I see it.

Quick Reply: 2011 with no balls