Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 with no balls

Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know how much money you have to play with but I like the recommendation to install a supercharger. Or maybe start off with Ripp Headers. They do make a difference.

Yes it is costly but your JK will not longer be a dog. My JK is weighted down with mods and I have no problem with power.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Readjust your expectations for a 3.8L powered Jeep.

Then either save for a hemi swap, or trade for '12/'13.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I just thought it was a jeep thing...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tanner6427
You can add an ECU from a 2007-2010 to your jeep and get a programmer after that if you'd like, or you could always supercharge
As a supercharger manufacturer, we recommend this option to our 2011 JK customers. We endorse and specifically recommend the ECU swap sold by RPM Extreme.

We also now offer their ECU swap as an option on our GEN II supercharger system for 2011 JK's. Food for thought.

Questions welcome.

RIPP
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k0260
Yeah I don't understand why Superchips etc can't produce a tuner for the 11's? Otherwise, I'd suggest a SC Flashpaq. Run one on my 07 and couldn't be happier with it. What size tires do you have? maybe consider re-gearing?
x2 on the Superchips making a difference.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
As a supercharger manufacturer, we recommend this option to our 2011 JK customers. We endorse and specifically recommend the ECU swap sold by RPM Extreme.

We also now offer their ECU swap as an option on our GEN II supercharger system for 2011 JK's. Food for thought.

Questions welcome.

RIPP
Are the 2010 ECU's plug and play?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichN
Are the 2010 ECU's plug and play?
It's "seamless" if you go through us. Just provide us with your VIN to be flashed to the new ECU, and it's plug and play once you get it!

Some viewing material..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nweruqcef5k Questions welcome.

RIPP
Old 08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like others have mentioned,, regear.. All the bolt on parts (minus a supercharger) wont give a driveable feeling like gears. I went with 5.13 with my auto and love it. It seems to just hum right along at highway speeds and not hunt while windy or going up hills. I went from the stock sport wheels and tires to the Rubicon take off's and noticed a big difference in even more suckage driving around. ( i had 3.73 )

Best money spent on my jeep for sure thus far..

I have thought about the ecu swap but have also heard that the steering wheel controls no longer work after the swap.

There are so many options out there for Wrangler owners as long as you dont have a 2011.. I'd love to have a tuner but i'm S.O.L., like everyone else,...

''TheTerminator"" for some reason i find that statement kinda hard to believe. 35's and passing with 3.73 gear would only happen going down hill with a tornado up your ass.. Or you are working the crap out of that 3.8...
Old 08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dntouch
Like others have mentioned,, regear.. All the bolt on parts (minus a supercharger) wont give a driveable feeling like gears. I went with 5.13 with my auto and love it. It seems to just hum right along at highway speeds and not hunt while windy or going up hills. I went from the stock sport wheels and tires to the Rubicon take off's and noticed a big difference in even more suckage driving around. ( i had 3.73 )

Best money spent on my jeep for sure thus far..

I have thought about the ecu swap but have also heard that the steering wheel controls no longer work after the swap.

There are so many options out there for Wrangler owners as long as you dont have a 2011.. I'd love to have a tuner but i'm S.O.L., like everyone else,...

''TheTerminator"" for some reason i find that statement kinda hard to believe. 35's and passing with 3.73 gear would only happen going down hill with a tornado up your ass.. Or you are working the crap out of that 3.8...
Definitely time to re gear. And yes I am going to have to do the 5.13. I am very mechanically inclined is this something that I can do on my own?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Terminator. I put on Rubi takeoff and have auto 3.73. I did recalibrate and happy with the results. Granted I don't have 35's I still have power. I don't feel it's a dog in the least. Very happy with tires and gears. Went to the mountains and it performed very well.

Quick Reply: 2011 with no balls