Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 Front Brake lines

Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2011 Front Brake lines

I was in the process of putting a three inch lift on a 2011 Rubicon and ran into an issue with the front brake lines. I had order new braided lines for the lift and they ended up four inches shorter than the stock ones although they were supposed to be for a four inch lifted jeep. Apparently a midyear change was made on the front brake line routing and it carries over to the 2012. The top of the brake line has four inches of steel tubing which bends toward the front of the vehicle turning the brake line away from the spring. So if order brake lines for the 2011 be sure to measure ahead of time and order straight from the vendor. I have been working with Crown Performance Products and they have gone out of their way to help. Thanks to them for excellent customer service.

4wdave
2011 Rubicon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2011 Brake Line Routing 001.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	234642  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4wdave
I was in the process of putting a three inch lift on a 2011 Rubicon and ran into an issue with the front brake lines. I had order new braided lines for the lift and they ended up four inches shorter than the stock ones although they were supposed to be for a four inch lifted jeep. Apparently a midyear change was made on the front brake line routing and it carries over to the 2012. The top of the brake line has four inches of steel tubing which bends toward the front of the vehicle turning the brake line away from the spring. So if order brake lines for the 2011 be sure to measure ahead of time and order straight from the vendor. I have been working with Crown Performance Products and they have gone out of their way to help. Thanks to them for excellent customer service.

4wdave
2011 Rubicon
did the vendor you were buying from have the updating tubing, or did crown just say to buy the 6"+ package? Was looking at snagging some new brakelines, think my 2011 was built 11/10.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most suspension companies are aware of this, and recomend not routing the tubing through the axle brackets as it isn't necessary.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sneck
did the vendor you were buying from have the updating tubing, or did crown just say to buy the 6"+ package? Was looking at snagging some new brakelines, think my 2011 was built 11/10.
The Crown was aware of the change for 2012 but not for 2011. The new lines do not have the tubing offset at the top. I intend to go out and test the routing of the lines to make sure they do not get pinched by the springs. I do intend to install them with the current routing.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

I put a 3" Full Traction lift on my '11 Rubi 2Dr... bought brake lines for the job but turned out not to need them as the stock likes were plenty long, with full axle disconnected and fully dropped, with the rig fully up on the rack.

My lift actually resulted in almost 6 full inches of lift... so measure before you buy brake lines, you may not need them... I didn't.

Quick Reply: 2011 Front Brake lines