Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 Diablo Sport Tuner?

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Diablo Sport Tuner?

I have been eyeing this tuner. I have some questions. Does anyone have it and is it worth it?
The other question, does the tuner need to stay connected to the car and on the dash? It would be nice if I could tune the jeep and put this huge display in my tool box.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i just seen last week they listed support for the 2012's also ill get down the road after a lift ect and upgrade from 33's to 35's
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just love to know if you had to leave it plugged in all the time
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibovr6
I would just love to know if you had to leave it plugged in all the time
nope there an obd2 tool just plugs in under your dash it downloads your current pcm coding saves it then uploads to whats saved on the tuner really easy to use..i planning on a big trip to banff in june and i wanna get this airraid cai and get my exhaust hooked back up since with this your computer will not try to relearn your driving habbits and waste the capable power of your cai and exhaust.... caint wait.. id love to have my 3.6 putting out 300-315 hp crank id love to have 300ftlbs thats for sure nothing beats torque
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Here's another thread with a vendor that sells the DiabloSport products (Trinity and the InTune DCX). You'll find more info there as well as a discounted price if you as for a pm for the programmer that you want. The Trinity and the InTune do exactly the same thing.... hell the old Predator would do the same too but they no longer make them. The Trinity has more "fun" options such as 0-60 and 0-100 times. oh and also you leave it plugged in unlike the InTune. You will be able to download performance tunes for years '11 and '12 now. I'm going to buy one and after weighing the options and if the Trinity is work all the extra money.... Since I don't drive a sports car and won't "need" all those extra perks, I'm going with the InTune. I would suggest the same. Hope this helps my man
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...lution-253371/
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the diablosport trinity unit - seems to have helped for around town driving. i just run the 87 performance tune as i noticed no difference with the higher octane tunes. with 5:13s and 37s it still sucks at freeway speeds.

there are some interesting features - you can monitor different parameters - trans temp, coolant and oil temp, amongst others. but to do so, you have to set up custom logs to find what things you want to monitor, then you have to exit the logs to go back to the gauge layouts to view what gauges you set up. kind of a pain in the ass. also, if you leave the trinity plugged into the obdii port all the time so you can use the gauge monitoring function, it can potentially drain your battery if not set properly to power down. but it never truly powers down. in fact it emits some sort of rf signal that interferes with the keyless entry system (if you have it). it also interefered with my garage door opener, almost rendering it useless.

for the money it cost, i think its useless.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by theolno1
i have the diablosport trinity unit - seems to have helped for around town driving. i just run the 87 performance tune as i noticed no difference with the higher octane tunes. with 5:13s and 37s it still sucks at freeway speeds.

there are some interesting features - you can monitor different parameters - trans temp, coolant and oil temp, amongst others. but to do so, you have to set up custom logs to find what things you want to monitor, then you have to exit the logs to go back to the gauge layouts to view what gauges you set up. kind of a pain in the ass. also, if you leave the trinity plugged into the obdii port all the time so you can use the gauge monitoring function, it can potentially drain your battery if not set properly to power down. but it never truly powers down. in fact it emits some sort of rf signal that interferes with the keyless entry system (if you have it). it also interefered with my garage door opener, almost rendering it useless.

for the money it cost, i think its useless.

Wow, that's disappointing. I was really jacked for this. Thanks for the heads up, I have same tire size and gearing. Would have sucked to spend this and not see significant gains.

I have oil pressure and tranny temp gauges, so don't need it on a tuner

Bummer
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DANIMAL_24
Here's another thread with a vendor that sells the DiabloSport products (Trinity and the InTune DCX). You'll find more info there as well as a discounted price if you as for a pm for the programmer that you want. The Trinity and the InTune do exactly the same thing.... hell the old Predator would do the same too but they no longer make them. The Trinity has more "fun" options such as 0-60 and 0-100 times. oh and also you leave it plugged in unlike the InTune. You will be able to download performance tunes for years '11 and '12 now. I'm going to buy one and after weighing the options and if the Trinity is work all the extra money.... Since I don't drive a sports car and won't "need" all those extra perks, I'm going with the InTune. I would suggest the same. Hope this helps my man
yea buddy im getting the same thing i dont need the 0-60 times lol i just want all the best tunes for my jk i dont think im getting one soon still saving for my rk lift and new shoes...in due time..

Quick Reply: 2011 Diablo Sport Tuner?