Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 2DR JK lift

Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 2DR JK lift

I just got a new 2 Dr JK and I'm going to lift it. I was looking at rough country's 3.5 inch left. Does anyone have anyone experience with this lift? Also any idea if I would need to do a transfer case drop or whY height I should drop the transfer.case?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKXJ
I just got a new 2 Dr JK and I'm going to lift it. I was looking at rough country's 3.5 inch left. Does anyone have anyone experience with this lift? Also any idea if I would need to do a transfer case drop or whY height I should drop the transfer.case?
They actually have a video of them installing that lift on their site with all directions on it. My buddy has this lift on his 2010 JKU. He loves it, it rides great on and off road. The only weak point I could see on it would be the track bar relocation bracket. It doesn't really come with solid braces to beef it up. But it's cheap and does a good job on his JK IMO. The only difference as far a the 2012 model goes is that you have to put the exhaust spacers on to prevent the drive shaft boot from coming in contact with the exhaust.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

No need to drop the t-case on a jk
Old 11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

I had a RC lift on my TJ and it was a nice comfortable ride with the lift. Improvement over the stock suspension.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html

this the one you're looking at?

i want to get a lift and looked at this one after you mentioned it and it isn't that expensive. hmmm..

Quick Reply: 2011 2DR JK lift