Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 / 2012 Dash Overlays ??

Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by desertbuzz
I would prefer this solution too ... Although much more work ... but also much nicer.
It's more work but its also cheaper..

I don't know how to disassemble the dash on these jks, but if you can get to the pieces, I say go for it! The only concern I'd have is the potential for rattles/squeaks if everything isn't reassembled 100% correctly... I'm not even sure that's a valid concern.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuff
It's more work but its also cheaper..

I don't know how to disassemble the dash on these jks, but if you can get to the pieces, I say go for it! The only concern I'd have is the potential for rattles/squeaks if everything isn't reassembled 100% correctly... I'm not even sure that's a valid concern.
Its not too hard to pull the dash, i had it apart to do my speakers, its just a couple screws, but watch out because the plastic is super thin and i cracked a part of it on the defroster vent
Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone has either a write up or manual depicting how to disassemble the center stack ?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Pulling apart the center stack isn't too bad. Four screws and about five minutes.

Start by pulling off the panel just below the steering wheel. It is held in place by sturdy plastic clips, but comes out relatively easy. Once out, you will see a small screw in each upper corner. Take those out. The next screw to come out sits under the rubber tray in the top storage compartment (on top of center stack). The rubber tray should just pull out, held in place mostly by friction. That's your third screw. Then, pull out the power window switch panel (or cubby) in the center of the dash to reveal the fourth screw. If you have the cubby, just place your hand in it and push to one side or the other, and the clips will release right away. The screw is obvious there at the bottom. Now, the instrument surround and top portion of the center dash (all one piece, mind you) will give way with gentle pulls. There are several clips, so work your way around the perimeter and don't monkey-arm it. It will come out easily with gentle pressure. Set it aside. Next you can pull out the climate control panel portion simply by pulling from the top. More of the same clips, and it should come loose easily. Then just disconnect it. Lastly, the panel below it (with the net) will just pull out with clips holding it in place.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you dnorrell for the detailed explanation

Quick Reply: 2011 / 2012 Dash Overlays ??