Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2010 JK Rubicon Fox Teraflex Remote Resi shocks and Speedbumps?

Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or possibly replacing the upper rear pad with something like this?

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Bump Stops & Mounts :: Daystar Urethane & Foam Bump Stops :: Daystar EVS Foam 1-3/8" X 2-1/2" Diameter Bump Stop - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CNC Bra

Im just trying to sort out possible ideas while procrastinating... My JK > Finals
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfla26
Thanks Teraflex, also one more question. Say I wanted to run the 3" rear Speedbumps, the actual cans in the rear on the 2.5" lift, could i run the 3" speedbumps in the back and trim the rear upper foam pad around 1/2" to compensate for the bigger speedbump cans? Is there a better way to run this setup or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Sorry for being annoying, Thanks y'all!

-Andrew
I would stick with the 2.5" rears myself with a 3". The 3" rears only have 1-5/8" of compression vs. the 2.5" rears have about 2.25" of compression. Now with the 3" rear cans, I would ditch the stock upper bump stop and use the bump stop cap #1992000 for improved clearance. The other better option is to run the 3" PreRunner style, those have 3" of compression.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

As in prerunner style do you mean run another set of front speedbumps with a mounting sleeve in the rear? Also do those speedbump caps slide right into the existing rear upper slot where the foam usually is?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfla26
As in prerunner style do you mean run another set of front speedbumps with a mounting sleeve in the rear? Also do those speedbump caps slide right into the existing rear upper slot where the foam usually is?
Correct, a set of 3" fronts that mount into a sleeve that is welded in place. Yes, the caps just pop in place of the rear upper bucket where the stock bumpstops where.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! Its all starting to make sense in my head now hahaha. I think I'm going to run the 3" cans in the back with the new strike plates because I'm not really interested in welding anything into place. I know the 2.5 microcell pads are probably the best bet but deep down I know if I put those on I'd kick myself for not putting the cans on because really they are just that much cooler hahaha! Thank you for all your help!

-Andrew
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks again Teraflex, I looked into your rear prerunner speed bump kit with the mounting sleeves and am kinda getting hooked. I called a handy neighbor who owns a racing team and said he'd be more than happy to weld those mounting sleeves. They mount right onto the inside of the frame correct? A simple sanding is needed to remove debris and rust and weld away? Im only asking because I want to make it as easy as possible for my neighbor since he is doing it as a favor. I guess what I'm really asking is the Prerunner rear speedbump kit compatible with a 2.5" lift? Do I need to position the sleeve in any particular way/height in order to install properly before the welding gets done? Once again thank you for your time, My Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and monster front track bar have been amazing so far and I look forward to continuing my Teraflex experience!

-Andrew

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Rubicon Fox Teraflex Remote Resi shocks and Speedbumps?