Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2010 JK Rubicon Fox Teraflex Remote Resi shocks and Speedbumps?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 JK Rubicon Fox Teraflex Remote Resi shocks and Speedbumps?

Hey Guys and Gals,

Im new here so if this is in the wrong place just let me know, I apologize in advance! So my current rig is a 2010 rubi JKU and I'm wondering about some suspension components. I currently have a 2.5" Teraflex spring/coil lift (Front D44 Gusseted) with 9550 shocks and 35 x 12.50 trail grapplers. My buddies and I are really into the whole "prerunner" thing and enjoy going fast on light trails. My plan is to grab some Teraflex fox remote resi shocks (I have the fox steering stabilizer and i absolutely love it, plus i want to keep all the shocks the same underneath) for my next addition then Teraflex speed bumps shortly after. Then in time a set of 8 Teraflex flex arms.

i guess my question is, is it dumb to run Teraflex speed bumps and remote resi shocks while still running the stock control arms? Will this help the overall ride both on and off road?

Thanks guys,
-Andrew
Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

please guys i need some help. Im a college student, cash is hard to come around and I've worked hard to get this money, i don't want to waste it if its not worth it
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would at least consider at least a set of front lower adjustable control arms as your next upgrade. Many customers have ran our 2.5" kits with stock control arms. If you have any questions, just give us a call.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would also consider the Drop Brackets. Dropping personal opinion, if the drop brackets actually do what the marketing and technical info says they do, then they are perfect for pre- running. If you plan on doing much rock crawling, i would probably stick with the new LCA 's.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same setup you have now, and I want to get a set of speed bumps in the future too. I don't think it would be dumb to put the speed bumps on without adjustable control arms. It would be Nice to have them also, but you will still improve the ride with just the bump stops. Let me know if you get them and how you like them!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys and gals, so i've ordered the remote resi TF tuned fox shocks, partially because i love the look, and 35" trail grapplers for my 2010 JKU Rubicon sitting on a TF 2.5" coil spring lift. My only question now involves control arms. Again, don't do much crawling but more trail runs and high speed runs in the middle of no where with my buddies hahah. My plan for control arms is to just grab a pair of TF front LCAs and the 2.5" TF speed bump kit... what do you guys and gals think? Is this the best plan of attack to accomplish my goals? Thanks guys. Also I can't really afford a full set of short arms just FYI. Thanks hope to hear from y'all soon!

P.S. If I'm dead wrong please help hahahah

-Andrew
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfla26
Hey guys and gals, so i've ordered the remote resi TF tuned fox shocks, partially because i love the look, and 35" trail grapplers for my 2010 JKU Rubicon sitting on a TF 2.5" coil spring lift. My only question now involves control arms. Again, don't do much crawling but more trail runs and high speed runs in the middle of no where with my buddies hahah. My plan for control arms is to just grab a pair of TF front LCAs and the 2.5" TF speed bump kit... what do you guys and gals think? Is this the best plan of attack to accomplish my goals? Thanks guys. Also I can't really afford a full set of short arms just FYI. Thanks hope to hear from y'all soon!

P.S. If I'm dead wrong please help hahahah

-Andrew
You really only need a set of front lowers with that size of lift.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Teraflex, also one more question. Say I wanted to run the 3" rear Speedbumps, the actual cans in the rear on the 2.5" lift, could i run the 3" speedbumps in the back and trim the rear upper foam pad around 1/2" to compensate for the bigger speedbump cans? Is there a better way to run this setup or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Sorry for being annoying, Thanks y'all!

-Andrew
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wolfla26
Thanks Teraflex, also one more question. Say I wanted to run the 3" rear Speedbumps, the actual cans in the rear on the 2.5" lift, could i run the 3" speedbumps in the back and trim the rear upper foam pad around 1/2" to compensate for the bigger speedbump cans? Is there a better way to run this setup or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Sorry for being annoying, Thanks y'all!

-Andrew
I'm running the new King speed bumps. The front ones are adjustable, so you can make it match your lift and are true air shocks, not simply polyurethane like the Teraflex speed bumps. I'm also running the King adjustable reservoir shocks that can be tuned for conditions with a simple turn of a knob. This isn't a cheap set up, but I can hit bumps at any speed without jarring.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wish i could run those but unfortunately I don't think I can afford the king air shocks along with proper installation and everything (Im decent with a welder but not that good). ShakeyJack, what do you think about the 3" rear speedbumps on a 2.5" lift with the rear upper roam padding trimmed to compensate for the smaller lift?

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Rubicon Fox Teraflex Remote Resi shocks and Speedbumps?