Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2008 Lift kit

Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Lift kit

I want to know what lift kit to buy, I am wanting anywhere from 2.5-3.5" of lift. This is a 2008 Wrangler X 2 door It is a daily driver but I will be going to Co. in the future for a little off road in the mountains. So I do not want anything to extreme were I have to cut weld. I would also like to clear 33" maybe 35's in the future but not sure about that. So if anybody has any suggestions I would def take any advice from all you fellow Jeepers out there.

Thanks, Bill
Old 07-15-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best deal around......

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...aflex+bilstein

Great product from TeraFlex and you will get a great ride from the Bilstein shocks
Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can trim your fenders or get flatties and clear 33's with no lift. With your 2-door 'X' you can buy a set of springs and shocks off a 4-door Rubi and get ~1.25" of lift plus the Rubi shocks are 10x better than the stock 'X' shocks. I picked up a set of springs and shocks for $100 off Craigslist. I added a Teraflex leveling kit (used 1" coil spacers all the way around) and with some trimming I run 37's just fine. You can run 35's without trimming. The JKU coils, shocks and a new leveling kit will cost you less than $250 for over 2" of lift. That would keep your on-road manners close to stock, no driveshaft worries, no alignment required, mostly stock JK components, better riding shocks and the tire clearance you need. No matter what you do you need to check / adjust your bumpstops once you get your new tires to make sure you don't rub. I'm sure you've read on here by now but if / when you go with 35's you'll want to re-gear your axles. I personally think that's more important for a daily driver than off-road but what do I know.

Last edited by JKG8R; 07-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started off with a 3" Zone lift and 35" tires, this is what was on it when I purchesed my 4 dr.

if you stay at 3" or under it is very inexpensive and there are many different ways and kits to get there.

I went further and at 4" i highly recomend one of the high steer kits and raised track bar brackets for the front and rear, with a bilstien steer stablizer it made it steer and handle more like stock, with out all the bumpsteer wander and death wobble issues.

OME lt shocks ride very nice

the other item i added that imprived rough road ride was the AEV drop control arm brackets, really rides like stock now.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks I will start looking at all those options.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lift kit