Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 Wrangler Steering Stabilizer - What do you recommend?

Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Wrangler Steering Stabilizer - What do you recommend?

I own a 2007 Wrangler with a two inch lift on 33's. I love this Jeep, but when I'm on the highway and hit a bump, it gets really unsteady. I refer to it as "squirrely". I feel I need a new steering stabilizer, but there are so many choices. Can anyone help me out with some recommendations?

I don't go off road (i did that with my first Jeep).

Thank you,
Maria
Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wrangler2007
I own a 2007 Wrangler with a two inch lift on 33's. I love this Jeep, but when I'm on the highway and hit a bump, it gets really unsteady. I refer to it as "squirrely". I feel I need a new steering stabilizer, but there are so many choices. Can anyone help me out with some recommendations?

Thank you,
Maria
FOX 2.0 all the way. I got 35's with steel wheels and it drives like a sports car now. Unbelieveable. Also, does not pull to the right or left like the bilsteins.

Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Subscribed. I've got an 09 with a 2 1/2 lift and 35s. I'm not too happy about the "squirreliness" when hitting bumps at hwy speeds either. I'm curious if an aftermarket steering stabilizer would fix the problem. Seems too easy. I was just thinking a giant brick on 4 giant wheels shouldnt be going over 70 lol.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guadzilla
Subscribed. I've got an 09 with a 2 1/2 lift and 35s. I'm not too happy about the "squirreliness" when hitting bumps at hwy speeds either. I'm curious if an aftermarket steering stabilizer would fix the problem. Seems too easy. I was just thinking a giant brick on 4 giant wheels shouldnt be going over 70 lol.
"Squirreliness" disappered on mine for sure.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 jku with a teraflex 3.5 lift and just put teraflex steering stabilizer on two weeks now and it rides great now. Easy to install too.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Thank you,
Maria

A steering stabilizer won't fix your problem. It will only mask it. Try a set of front lower adjustable control arms. If you dial in your caster then your front suspension will drive way better.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar

A steering stabilizer won't fix your problem. It will only mask it. Try a set of front lower adjustable control arms. If you dial in your caster then your front suspension will drive way better.
Agreed. Also, how much air is in the tires? Too much air can cause this problem as well
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all for the recommendations! I will definitely be upgrading my existing ss.

I don't know what I'd do without you all.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Thank you all for the recommendations! I will definitely be upgrading my existing ss.

I don't know what I'd do without you all.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
x2 stabilizer really isnt there for much other than harmonic noises in the steering. the swaying and such can either be found in tire pressure or caster. I run the 2012 stock Stabilizer on mine and have never had an issue. I have also ran the teraflex till it got crushed. I noticed no difference between the two and saved 25 bucks using the factory. Take offs are cheap on ebay or here. 2012's were recommended by evo crew since they are heavier duty than previous years. Mel posted it many moons ago.

Quick Reply: 2007 Wrangler Steering Stabilizer - What do you recommend?