Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 Jk(auto)- ECM programing,Tire Size, gear ratio, INTUNE & PROCAL

Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Jk(auto)- ECM programing,Tire Size, gear ratio, INTUNE & PROCAL

Hey I have a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited. I put 5.13's in it a few years ago; it has 35" tires, a set of RIPP LT headers+ Dyno Tune. She runs great imo.

I have the AEV Procal and Diablo Sport Intune. A few years back I used the procal for tire size and gear ratio programming... Now I use the intune for tire size and Input RIPPS dyno tune, the intune does not have an option to input a specific gear ratio.

I'm pretty confused on whether or not it’s necessary to input gear ratio on this rig. Its my understanding (i could be wrong) that when you input the tire size on the 07 Jk's, it will calibrate the speedo and the ECM will change shifting points automatically. This is because the speed sensor is in the wheel well ? So why would one input gear ratio? Would that change performance on a 07?

Not to sure why the procal has this option (and the intune does not), unless on newer jks the sensor is in a different location.. lol or maybe im all %$&ed up and not understanding what inputting a gear ratio does as apposed to calibrating tire size and speedo... confusion..

Thanks for any info!

Last edited by caper2857; 09-17-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

You need to calibrate your speedo to match the gears.We use Flashpaq on our '07 which allows to change our shift points too.Not sure why you have 2 programmers though
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by familytime
You need to calibrate your speedo to match the gears.We use Flashpaq on our '07 which allows to change our shift points too.Not sure why you have 2 programmers though
I have 2 programmers for a few reasons...
I bought the PROCAL to input my jeeps tire size which corrected the speedo. The diablosport intune came with my Long Tune headers, it has a Dyno tune custom for my vehicle from RIPP along with other features including tire size.
So I no longer use the AEV procal because the the only feature it has that diablo sport doesn't is the gear ratio setting.

Which still brings me to asking the question why input gear ratio on a 2007 jeep jk. I don't think its necessary because the ECM changes shift points when you input the tire size (not a fact, lol just what i gather from forums).

Last edited by caper2857; 09-17-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by familytime
I have 2 programmers for a few reasons...
I bought the PROCAL to input my jeeps tire size which corrected the speedo. The diablosport intune came with my Long Tune headers, it has a Dyno tune custom for my vehicle from RIPP along with other features including tire size.
So I no longer use the AEV procal because the the only feature it has that diablo sport doesn't is the gear ratio setting.

Which still brings me to asking the question why input gear ratio on a 2007 jeep jk. It may not be necessary..

Quick Reply: 2007 Jk(auto)- ECM programing,Tire Size, gear ratio, INTUNE & PROCAL