Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 2DR project

Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 2DR project

After 20 years of missing my 79 CJ7 I jumped back in with an '07 JK 2DR X. Oh the luxury of power this and that and a hard top. I've overloaded on threads about modifying and upgrading. I've created a to do list in the order I think makes most sense... JK is going to be my daily driver and I'll occasionally find myself off the beaten path. I'm going to try and stay away from much bigger tires and lifts for now... Baby steps.

1. BF KM2 305/65R17, allows me to use stock rims and stay in just under 33".
2. Wheel spacers, don't know if this is necessary but it seems to be a toss up here for tire size
3. Superchips Flashpaq
4. front bumper / winch, rear bumper
5. Spring lift kit (minimum needed to offset added weight/sag of new bumpers/winch)
6. Soft top, although I have the freedom hard top so we'll see how this goes

I'm gonna add the engine block heater and mopar heated seat kit... Have REQ enroute to upgrade the RES and add Sirius. Already added mats and bed liner... Tuffy under seat lock box. Daystar dash panel done. Any other useful interior upgrades? There are so many I'd rather just get a few useful add-ons. I'm stuck about what do do with add-on storage. I'm keeping the rear seat in and folded... Want to add a tray or something in back that is sturdy and not a permanent install.

If you've added those tires let me know about wheel spacers... And I'd like feedback about upgraded springs versus stops.

Sorry if this isn't posted correctly... I have read and searched myself into brain lock.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any other useful interior upgrades?
Add some LED lighting to the center stack just underneath the AC controls. This gives you that extra light on the console. I personaly do not like the foot well lighting.

BF KM2 305/65R17, allows me to use stock rims and stay in just under 33".
This set-up will make the Jeep a DOG on the open road. I have 245/75r16's. Personal opinnion: I wouldn't go bigger without gears.

Wheel spacers, don't know if this is necessary but it seems to be a toss up here for tire size
I put spacers on mine just for apperance. I did have some slight rubbing at full flex with the 245's

And I'd like feedback about upgraded springs versus stops.
Springs for performance. Stops for looks. Don't go over 2.5" or you will need to spend a lot more.
Also w/2.5 lift ( personal opinnion ) you need front lower control arms. Front and rear drive shaft relocation arms.

P.S. WELCOME!

Last edited by JK-Ford; 02-25-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 2DR project