Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 to 2016 interior?

Old 10-11-2024 | 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default 2007 to 2016 interior?

I have an 2007 wrangler with the “fisher price” interior and want to see about upgrading to a 2016 dash and center console. I understand that all the wiring is different and things like the AC controls, steering column controls need to be added and it would be much easier to just buy a newer Jeep and save the trouble but i have a brand new frame and body that was completely POR 15’ed and it’s essentially a factory new rust free body so id like to try and figure this out. I know it’s been done before but i can’t find much info on how far it needs to go. New ECU? Add fuses/new fuse box? Any insight would be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Blanco Customs (10-12-2024)
Old Yesterday | 03:46 AM
JK Newbie

It would probably be cheaper and easier to put a new frame and body on a 2016 model. And you wouldn't be left with a Jeep with a Frankenstein dash.
Old Yesterday | 04:26 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I know it's absolutely possible but since I bought a '12 I never had to do it myself. I wish I had a better answer than 'search the forums' for you, but that's what it boils down to. I'd bet there are a handful of YouTube videos covering it too.

Quick Reply: 2007 to 2016 interior?