Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

20 inch rims and spacers

Old 05-15-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 inch rims and spacers

Hello all. I'm trying to figure out if I can buy these wheels I found on Craigslist. Yes, I know 20's aren't everyone's favorite but I don't do a lot if off-roading and they are the look I like.

They are Fuel Dune's. 20x 9 1 positive offset and BS is 5 or 5.5. Lug oattern is 5x5

My question is will I need spacers? I don't want to run those.

Thanks all!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The need for adapters is based on tire size, not rim diameter. So, what tire size?

Stock rims have a backspace of around 6.25". As the BS numbers goes down, the tires are moved further out. So those rims (and whatever tires are on them) will be moved out .75" or 1.25" further. 33's should be fine. 35's may be ok, depending on build, lift, fender type, whether you want to trim, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by nthinuf; 05-15-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The need for adapters is based on tire size, not rim diameter. So, what tire size?

Stock rims have a backspace of around 6.25". As the BS numbers goes down, the tires are moved further out. So those rims (and whatever tires are on them) will be moved out .75" or 1.25" further. 33's should be fine. 35's may be ok, depending on build, lift, fender type, whether you want to trim, etc, etc, etc.
Right now it has 275/70/20's (not to terra grappler g2's) if I remember correctly(or around that size). I took a quick look at them today. What's crazy is when I rolled them up to my stock wheels and tires they are a tiny bit smaller! My stock wheels are the 16 inch cheap rims with the Bridgestones on them.

When I need new tires I'm going to go 33's so it sounds like I'll be fine. Awesome. Thank you very much! I really like these rims and for $800 I think it's a deal so I was nervous hoping they would fit without spacers so I appreciate the quick response. No one on the other forums answered me.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

My stock tires.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...psctpbedl7.jpg

Quick Reply: 20 inch rims and spacers