Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" Skyjacker BN with Rubicon Spings and Shocks.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Skyjacker BB with Rubicon Spings and Shocks.

So I found a place locally that can get me that kit. I kind of had my mind set on the Teraflex 2.5 BB but the shop doesnt know if they can get it (not to mention I dont think I like hearing about rubbing). Anyway I am also looking at getting some "like new" springs and shocks from an Unlimited Rubicon.
I dont plan on wheeling hard just want some more clearance.
You guys think this will be a good set up with my rig? I also have the Rubicon stock tires on her now too.
Thanks
TH
That should say Skyjacker BB dammit :(

Last edited by Robar; 03-22-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Fixed title.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

no one has any info on the SJ BB Lift?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

No one answered, as the question is hard to decipher to a useful answer.

You mention the "rubbing" on the TF, which can be from the longer rear sway bar links...so you can get more rear flex....so, sure, you can have less flex, whatever....

...then you mention the Rubi coils and shocks, which give the EXACT same lift and extended/compressed lenghts as the other models coils and shocks...so its unclear why you seemed to be talking about them as part of a BB to get more lift....

You want more clearance, but don't need more flex, and you're keeping the stock tires....

And you want us to tell you if this is a good set up for your rig...?

Probably not, the shocks will be too short....and you're having a shop do a lot of extra labor for no benefit....for a BB that you should do yourself.

Its just inserting coil spacers....if you're going to change shocks, at least get one's that are longer travel range than stock, and the part numbers on the Rubi coils show they're also used on the X and Sahara....so why bother...especially if PAYING a shop to do a simple job like that, etc...for nothing.

So - its a lousy idea.

Gotta Plan B?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Tell him how you really feel... I have nothing to add to this thread...
Old 03-22-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Default do cornflakes and piss even taste good?

Originally Posted by TEEJ
No one answered, as the question is hard to decipher to a useful answer.

You mention the "rubbing" on the TF, which can be from the longer rear sway bar links...so you can get more rear flex....so, sure, you can have less flex, whatever....

...then you mention the Rubi coils and shocks, which give the EXACT same lift and extended/compressed lenghts as the other models coils and shocks...so its unclear why you seemed to be talking about them as part of a BB to get more lift....

You want more clearance, but don't need more flex, and you're keeping the stock tires....

And you want us to tell you if this is a good set up for your rig...?

Probably not, the shocks will be too short....and you're having a shop do a lot of extra labor for no benefit....for a BB that you should do yourself.

Its just inserting coil spacers....if you're going to change shocks, at least get one's that are longer travel range than stock, and the part numbers on the Rubi coils show they're also used on the X and Sahara....so why bother...especially if PAYING a shop to do a simple job like that, etc...for nothing.

So - its a lousy idea.

Gotta Plan B?
hmm....I never said a shop was doing the labour. Myself and a friend will be doing it. I said there was a shop here to BUY the kit.
And I was under the impression that the shocks and springs from an Unlimited would be more stiff. Apparently I am wrong. Mind you if I was to inform someone of lesser experience, I probably wouldn't be a dick about it. So you are saying there is NO difference between my X's shocks and springs and an Unlimited Rubi's? Thats weird, I wonder why they paint the Rubi ones red then? I guess it is just for looks.
As for rubbing, from reading here on the forums, members are getting it from just adding the Tera 2.5. So I figured I would ask about it.
I guess I am the only member on here to want a 2.5 with stock parts.

Notwithstanding the tone of your reply, I appreciate gaining the knowledge. I have seen your other posts Teej, you are knowledgeable, but your bedside manner sucks.

Quick Reply: 2" Skyjacker BN with Rubicon Spings and Shocks.