Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 post lift and lift points on a JK with long arms....

Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2 post lift and lift points on a JK with long arms....

Ok

So i just bought and installed a 2 post hydraulic car lift and went to put the jeep up on it today and ran into a little snag.

I have a 4" tereflex long arm kit and since the welded additions are on the outside of the actual frame I am not sure where to put the 2 arms on each side for the best safety / stability. If i put the rear ones far enough back so they can hit the frame the rear long arms will actually sit on top of the lift arms. In the front it is a similar situation.

today i was able to contact the front of the frame on each side with the forward arms but the 2 rear arms could only contact the welded on rear brackets for the rear long arms. There was simply nowhere else for them to contact.

So i got the thing about 2 feet off the ground and it appeared stable but I have to wonder, can those tereflex rear long arm brackets really support the jeep on the lift? I just dont know.

Ideas, advice and wisdom are welcome!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup that is the plan, I would have never Guessed this as an issue when I bought and installed he lift.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Maybe PM teraflex and ask them. I would guess that they should but can't say for sure

Quick Reply: 2 post lift and lift points on a JK with long arms....