Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 lifts and a drag link installed, now i have an abs and traction control light on?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 lifts and a drag link installed, now i have an abs and traction control light on?

Ok im having an annoying issue with my 07' JK hopefully you guy can help me with.

(mostly this is my fault) I put a lift kit and body kit along with changing my draglink and burnt and replaced an exposed vss wire all in one day, so i dont know which of these things is the cause of my dashboard to go wild with abs and traction warning lights.

While changing my old draglink out i had to heat up where the pitman arm held on to it to loosen its deathgrip on the old draglink, while using the flame a few cables caught fire...in turn exposing the wires just before the vss wire connector on the frame adjacent to the steering gear. Now as i said earlier i have my abs light, traction control light and other annoying lights on like a Christmas tree on my dash.

ive reconnected the wires by replacing a section of the damaged wire with similar gauged wire and soldered it in place. After disconnecting the battery and driving it around i still have the same abs, traction control, etc. lights on and now i also have a Brake light on.

The steering wheel also has about 1/4" to 1/2" of play from left to right but drive straight as an arrow and the top of the steering wheel is at 12 o'clock. The play is at the steering shaft yoke next to the header. anyone have this issue? i have a 2" body lift, and steering shaft extender

ok i dont think i left anything out...oh and i have already checked all the other wheels and the other speed sensors are visually fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-27-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try to re-center your steering wheel again. When I installed my 2.5" RC those lights would come on even if the steering wheel was the slightest bit off center. Just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: 2 lifts and a drag link installed, now i have an abs and traction control light on?