Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" lift with stock Rubicon wheels/tires. Any pics?

Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2" lift with stock Rubicon wheels/tires. Any pics?

I'm going to swap the stock springs/shocks for the OME 2" HD kit within the next 2-3 weeks. I checked into aftermarket wheels/tires as well, but decided the tires are a bit more than I care to spend at the moment.

So......wondering if the lift will look good (proportional) with the stock 32"'s, or if it will create too much of a fenderwell gap and make it look like I'm rolling on donuts.

BTW, it's a 4-door and I do have a winch on the front, but stock bumpers.

Also, I spend 90% of my time on-road, so that steered my decision toward the OME kit. Read it's excellent on and off road.

$0.02 on the OME lift and/or pics appreciated.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just put a Tera Bugent Boost on my Dad's 4 door Sahara last week with his stock wheels and we both thought it looked great. It sits almost as tall as mine does with the OME. Now he just put new tires on keeping his stock wheels. The tires are not any taller than stock, just quite a bit wider. He is very pleased with the entire set-up even without wheel spacers.

FWIW.. Spending most of my time on the road (Daily Driver), I think if I were to do it again, I would have done the same thing as he did, and saved the money I spent on lift and wheels for other mods.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running the stocks for over a year and they have so much life left so will be on for a while. When I do put bigger on, I will probably go with wheels and tires but want the correct offset for the wheels. I didn't do the trackbar with mine and am a little confused as to what to do. I've done the search and got more cunfused unfortunately.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

I just put Rustys 2 in lift springs and shocks on, running 33 tires I pull this JK behind motorhome didn't want to get bad out of shape I hope it works ok see yall at the rallly Slick
Old 01-27-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

I have a Zone 2" lift, with my stock rubi tires ( bfg 32's)
I love the look of my Jeep. It looks more aggresive than stock.
plus my lift took out almost all of the rake from me adding a xrc8 and a rough country winch plate to the stock bumper.

I have not taken any pictures with it on yet. just got it on last week.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpp
We just put a Tera Bugent Boost on my Dad's 4 door Sahara last week with his stock wheels and we both thought it looked great. It sits almost as tall as mine does with the OME. Now he just put new tires on keeping his stock wheels. The tires are not any taller than stock, just quite a bit wider. He is very pleased with the entire set-up even without wheel spacers.

FWIW.. Spending most of my time on the road (Daily Driver), I think if I were to do it again, I would have done the same thing as he did, and saved the money I spent on lift and wheels for other mods.
did he use wheel spacers? if so what size? and what size tire did he put on?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpp
The tires are not any taller than stock, just quite a bit wider. He is very pleased with the entire set-up even without wheel spacers.
he did not use spacers.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

This is from the right up on project JK.com on installing TF BB 2.5 which I think is effectively a 2" lift with .5 added to the front to correct the rake for bumpers and winches. But that may be wrong anyway it's close. If you look they also upgraded the bumper between before and after.

Before

After
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. The pic in the previous post answers my Q.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

Default OME lift and Stock 32" BFGs

I have a 2" OME lift (HD front coils and Standard coils in rear) on my Jeep. The lift eliminated the front rake and it looks proportional. I wouldn't lift the Jeep any higher without putting some large meats in those wheel wells but until I do it looks good and the there is plenty of room for those tires and axles to flex when wheeling.

Quick Reply: 2" lift with stock Rubicon wheels/tires. Any pics?