Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" lift - do I need anything else?

Old 07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" lift - do I need anything else?

I bought some Full Traction Ultimate (aka adjustable) upper & lower control arms front and rear, plus track bars front and rear. I'm going to pair this with some longer springs and shocks for a 2" lift. Do I need anything else? :-)

Is the following still recommended for a 2" lift:

Front caster: +4.2 deg.
Front camber: -0.25 deg. (fixed angle)
Front toe-in: +0.20 deg. (+0.10 each front wheel)

Rear camber: -0.25 deg.
Rear toe-in: +0.25 deg.

Thanks!
js.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Default How about?

How about brake line extensions and/or sway bar links?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
How about brake line extensions and/or sway bar links?
Anyone? :-)

js.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as for sway bar links, from what i have heard up to about 2.5" they arent really required. However everyone has always told me the swaybar should run nearly parallel with the frame when the suspension is at rest. I have a 2.5" front lift going on mine, i picked up a set of adjustable length JKS Quicker disconnects for it. I figured i wanted the ease of disconnecting it, and as long as i was going to be under there anyhow, i might as well do it at one time, and being adjustable, i can align the swaybar as i have been told to do, and i have the option to lengthen them if i increase my lift height in the future.

Brake line extensions is a good question. And i cant answer it definetly, but i can tell you my plan... Until i actually install it and flex the suspension, i have no idea if i will need them or not. If i do, there are brackets available which drop the rigid part of the brakelines down, therby giving you more available soft line, or you can just put longer softlines on it. (The brackets look to me like just a cheap piece of bar stock with a couple of tapped/drilled holes, i can do that myself if i need to.)

I am not worried about either until i get the lift on it, then i'll twist it slowly and see if the lines are long enough as is. I dont want to spend money on them if i dont need them.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the FT 2" BB with monotube shocks. I also have the JKS quicker discos which are great. I got the short ones for 0-2" lift. After the lift my sway bar is parallel to the frame at rest. Have not flexed everything out or adjusted headlights and fogs. I have the same question about brake lines and 2" lift. There is some room for flex but hard to say for sure how much.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

ive flexed out with with 2.5" BB and no issues with brake lines
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

i hust go the tf 2.5 and hey sent me longer rear sway bar connect, move the old rears up front get new rears, or keep old rears and get discos
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Brake Line Extension

Originally Posted by BigJerm
ive flexed out with with 2.5" BB and no issues with brake lines
...but was this with any kind of brake line relo or extension bracket in place?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2 inch Rusty's off Road spring lift. I installed the springs and new shocks. While doing the lift I flexed the Jeep out to get the springs installed. Once the shocks were installed at max flex the brake lines were OK. I did however have to disconnect the parking brake line bracket. Now the lift did get me an 1 1/2 inch lift on the rear and raised the front another 3/4 of an inch. The new front bumper and winch should bring that down to level things out. All my other angles etc are fine both on the street and off road.
If you go more than the 2 inch lift I would think you might want to extend your brake lines. But for my lift It's just fine.

Quick Reply: 2" lift - do I need anything else?