Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 DR Trektop Arrived

Old 04-07-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installation was simple, took about an hour. So far we have had nothing but rain since installation no leaks starting out but after a two hour drive on the hiway i started to notice a bit of wind noise from the front drivers side, didn't think to much of it until this morning there were a few drips on the drivers side air vent. checked it all out and found the header bar screw knobs were loose, tightened them up and no noise and again no leaks. All i can figure was the fabric seating in after the long hiway drive, it was aso a little cool when i installed so it probably just loosened up a bit.
Bestop are sending me a new back window as the origional arrived with some scuffs in the plastic so if anyone orders a trektop check for shipping damage as soon as you receive it their packaging is not the greatest but they make a great product, well priced and they stand behind their products. Thaks Bestop and the guys at National for making it right.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Do you have any pics from the inside?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

does this one fold back? I'm digging this top for the summer.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DriveOverStuff
does this one fold back? I'm digging this top for the summer.
I have one as well and yes, it does fold back, much like the sunrider. Once you disconnect the header you can just roll it back almost to the end of the doors and use the two loop snaps (one on each side) to hold it in place. Driving on the highway this way can get pretty noisy.

I would suggest this top to anyone. The best top I have purchased next to my Pavement Ends' Emergency Top. I also have the Bikini / Wrap-Around Windjammer / Duster Combo and I will never go back. The Trektop leaks less than my factory soft top and the combo leaks even worse.

M - I love this top on the silver Jeep. It really looks great with the tinted windows. Which version did you get - velcro or c-channel back window? Looks like the velcro version from the picture but I have never seen the c-channel one so I could be mistaken.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great....I am waiting for Quadratec to get the 4 door Treks in and I am buying....next mod for sure!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4 Door Pic

Originally Posted by Mariner
Thanks for fixing my pic, how did you do it so i can fix the other ones, I love thetop and every one that has seen it so far wants one. don't know about the four dour but if it is half as nice as thisi'd go for it.
Great Purchase! You are going to love it..... Here's a few pics of mine on my 4 Door. I highly recommend this top. Easy to take off, no bars, can't beat it. There seems to be more of a slant in the back on the 4 Door version of the top.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Disco, love the rig. I love red and black together, just looks awesome. Especially the doors. Very original.

As you said, there is more of a slant to the 4-Door version due to the distance between the tailgate and the roll bar. I was little bummed when I got my 2-door on and it wasn't at the same angle but I guess you can't have everything.

Is yours the velcro or c-channel?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

The back window on mine has a channel on the top, zippers on the sides and velcro on the bottom. Here is a pic with the top rolled back, someone mentioned that it doesn't roll back all the way to the back of the doors, well this one does and it rolls up beatifully. on the hiway I can't say that it is particularly noisy but there is definitly a down draft right on your forehead so wear a cap, no flapping with it open but the back window does tend to suck in just a little.

one of these days i'll figure how to post pics the same way twice.

Last edited by Mariner; 04-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcaden
Disco, love the rig. I love red and black together, just looks awesome. Especially the doors. Very original.

As you said, there is more of a slant to the 4-Door version due to the distance between the tailgate and the roll bar. I was little bummed when I got my 2-door on and it wasn't at the same angle but I guess you can't have everything.

Is yours the velcro or c-channel?
Mine has velcro where it attaches to the tailgate but has a channel at the top of the window that attaches to the rest of the top. to prevent the wind noise I added a windshield air deflector (if you look closely in the pics you can see it). It sends the wind towards the rear of the JK.

Originally Posted by Mariner
The back window on mine has a channel on the top, zippers on the sides and velcro on the bottom. Here is a pic with the top rolled back, someone mentioned that it doesn't roll back all the way to the back of the doors, well this one does and it rolls up beatifully. on the hiway I can't say that it is particularly noisy but there is definitly a down draft right on your forehead so wear a cap, no flapping with it open but the back window does tend to suck in just a little.

one of these days i'll figure how to post pics the same way twice.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

where did you get the widshield deflector, that sounds like a geat idea and how did you mount it. got any pics of the deflector.

Last edited by Mariner; 04-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 2 DR Trektop Arrived