Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 DR, 2.5" lift, 33"tires---Driveshafts?????

Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 DR, 2.5" lift, 33"tires---Driveshafts?????

Ok I'm seeing a lot of guys with the drive shafts giving them problems after a 3" or larger lift. I'm just wondering if anyone that has a 2.5" and runs theres quite hard off road have seen any problems? I've flexed the snot out of mine and they seem good so far but now I'm getting nervous. I'll be doing a 3" lift,35" tires and gears in the future (saving up the cash) and I know I'll need them then. Can I replace the shafts now and still have them be the correct length with the new setup? Tom Woods are made to measure so they would be out, but what about JE Reel? Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably worried about nothing just don't want to blow up on the trail and ruin my day and the guys with me. Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think on that size you should be fine

Quick Reply: 2 DR, 2.5" lift, 33"tires---Driveshafts?????