Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2 door lifts

Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
That's about what I got out of the "2-door coils" on the first attempt, so I added 3/4" spacers in the front and 1.75" spacers rear which you should NOT have to do. On the second attempt, they sent "4-door coils" which yielded around 2.75" front and 1.75" rear which was fine with me but I still kept some 3/4" spacers in to make it right....too much trouble IMO, spend more money and get better quality!
I added 1" terraflex spacers in the rear ... So its ok now.. But you're right we should'nt have to do that !!!!!!

They sent me new coils ( got them this monday ) and I just learned that they found the problem with the coils and they will get the new ones in a couple weeks... I'm kind of mad that he didnt tell me they were working on new coils... I would've waited for the new ones ....
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by the_cuse420
so the four door coils is the best way to go with rough country.
In my experience, the 4-door coils provided more lift (not MORE lift, just closer to the "advertised" amount of lift)...BUT, the rear coils still started sagging just like the 2-door coils did.....

Originally Posted by JR-WRANGLER
I added 1" terraflex spacers in the rear ... So its ok now.. But you're right we should'nt have to do that !!!!!!

They sent me new coils ( got them this monday ) and I just learned that they found the problem with the coils and they will get the new ones in a couple weeks... I'm kind of mad that he didnt tell me they were working on new coils... I would've waited for the new ones ....
That doesn't surprise me....and I've heard from one guy that went to RC and they put a set of those new coils on and it wasn't much different so he just stuck with the BB spacers instead (like me).
Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Couldn't wait for a set that worked, ordered a set of Teraflex rear coils, and once I swap them out I will send the defective ones back for a credit - they did send me another set but they were exactly the same - kind of funny after all this started they now offer a 60 day money back guarantee on all their lifts.

I like the 2.2 shocks so eventually I will also swap the front coils with Teraflex and I should be good to go for a while.

Quick Reply: 2 door lifts