Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2- Door Lift

Old 12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2- Door Lift

I have a 2007 2-door Sahara Automatic and I'm interested in getting some type of lift, wether it's just some spacers to level it out or a 3" lift. How will this setup flex (with just a 1 inch spacer in the front to compensate for the stock sag and XHD stinger front bumper with winch)? Basically, I want the biggest bang for my buck. I plan on running 35's. I dont want to mess with the driveshafts so i wont be surpassing a 3 inch. Im looking at the TeraFlex 3 inch lift but it says that i need to get pretty much all new arms, but they say that their 4 inch lift doesn't need these. The 2.5" TeraFlex Lift Kit looks nice also. I dont want to spend all that much so whatever your thought are on about whats good would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do some more research...

Look into the 'actual' heights received from TF coils. Also, you can get any of their coils alone, or in basic kits, or in 'complete' kits with arms and everything. The 4" will need adj arms even more than the 3", where ever you were reading has a misprint or just hasn't been updated.

If you don't want to mess with driveshafts, you are looking at the wrong lifts. (can't comment on their 'new' coils, but the old 2.5" coils gave over 3.5" on 2doors, and the 3" coils gave closer to 5" on 2doors...)
Driveshaft Notes:
The design of the factory driveshafts is great for highway use and mild off road use, but may not survive the rock contacts and stresses of moderate to extreme off-road use once the vehicle is lifted 3 inches or more.

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-23-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Junkie

I would go with the Tera 2.5 coil lift. Been running it for over a year with stock drive shafts and stock arms. Clears 35's no problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know 3 local guys running 3" BDS lifts on two doors. They look great and have not had one issue, stock shafts and all. I will be installing a 3" BDS lift this spring.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Best bang for your buck.......

Well I bought my RC 2.5"bb off of a fellow forum member for $80 to my door, stuff some 35's underneath and I think you'll agree that it does well for the $$$ spent.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys. I've heard that the TeraFlex 2.5" lift has a nice ride so I'm leaning towards that. But that BDS 3" also looks nice. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: 2- Door Lift