Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2-Door JK Seat Delete Storage area, looking for comments

Old 05-25-2022, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-Door JK Seat Delete Storage area, looking for comments

As the title says I'm looking for feedback on this idea to add some storage to my 2 door, as well add a seating area for my two pugs. (Shown in red)
Materials will be mostly carpeted 1/2" birch plywood. My thoughts is to use the hardtop mounting screws with some fabed metal brackets to attach the top portion to the body. Still trying to figure out the mounting on the floor.

Do you guys see anything wrong here or something I should be thinking about?

Old 05-25-2022, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

does the 2dr have any tie down anchors in the rear like the 4dr does? if so you could use those to anchor the bottom piece. presume you have a soft top and so sitting on top of the bed rail is not an issue. looks good in general. how are you going to finish it? simple poly? bedliner? paint? i'd guess something that will be weather resistant.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
does the 2dr have any tie down anchors in the rear like the 4dr does?
My 2D does have anchors. I found the tie down anchors, the seat anchors and other things made it a PITA to load my camping stuff in the back. My solution was to fit a piece of plywood to cover all that plus the rear seat foot wells. Might not help @mcjk, but may give him some ideas.

The following users liked this post:
OldJeeps (05-30-2022)

Quick Reply: 2-Door JK Seat Delete Storage area, looking for comments