Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" Coils - Which to buy

Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2" Coils - Which to buy

I have read the different threads - but want opinion on what brand to buy - I am replacing a 2" BB due to a new bumper and winch (190 pounds).

I am debating new springs front and rear vs. just front with existing BB in the rear.

Thoughts and brand would be great - I have heard Teraflex, Rustys, OME......

Also, does $100 seem right to get them installed (Front)?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is my HD OME lift with 616 springs and the 10mm trim spacers up front with 618 springs in the rear. I am running an AEV bumper with a Warn 9.5ti and I think it sets pretty good if I say so myself

Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do the 10 mm spacers do? Just to finalize the leveling?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Smiley88
What do the 10 mm spacers do? Just to finalize the leveling?
Yes. They just give a little more height if it is needed to level it out.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

i just replaced the front springs on my rig, i have the skyjacker 2" BB and was using the stock springs. i added the rugged ridge modular bumper and skid plate and watched the front end slowly sag down til i had the bump stops practically touching

i went with the OME 619 Heavy duty 2.5" springs and am now sitting level with no rake and the bump stops are no where near each other. i left the rear BB in place with the stock springs as i have no issue with the rear suspension.

as for $100? im with planman, find out how to do it yourself. you will glad you did.

if you dont feel comfortable, find a reputable 4x4 shop
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
JK Super Freak

x2 on doing it yourself. The pride you have in your work will be worth it, and as long as you have 2 jack stands and a decent floor jack you can do it. I did my girls BB in the driveway with a basic set of tools a cold brew and 3 hours of one of my 3 days off and got it done. I was proud that I did it by myself without throwin sh*** across the yard and she was happy I did it for only a small fee
Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 PM
JK Newbie

NWB Question.....So if i already have a tera BB and im gonna add some new 2.5 inch springs cause a new bumper and maybe a winch might be coming soon! what else should I worry about changing or extending??
Brakelines?
Sway Bar links?
IDK??

Mark!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

After reading several post and asking a lot of questions ---I have decided to go with the OME 2"lift and adj. track bars. Let us know what you decide. Good Luck.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Planman!
I think i might go with the swaybar dicos! and if theres still some money the adjustable track bar! im gonna check here on the forum to see if anyone has one for sale!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I finally got my front OME coils installed - and yes, I did it myself. Easy install.

It was honestly the best decision I have made to date. The ride is improved and it looks awesome (sorry now pictures). Front end is just about level with rear (no rake) and front end looks more aggressive. Most important part - ride is better - not worse!

Thanks for all the feedback!

Quick Reply: 2" Coils - Which to buy