Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" bds lift questions

Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well I have read a lot of people like there 3"DBS lift and thought that the 2" DBS kit with fox socks was comparable but also worried if I add goodies to the front it will sag and rub on 35 is starting with there 2" a good idea if I would slowly like to upgrade and add components to it. But I also cant go to big I would like to keep it in my garage which has standard hight doors. The main purpose will be trips to the lake about 45min or family vacations that deal with out doors and off roading. Thanks for everyone's input I appreciate it.

Last edited by Lschumaker11; 12-12-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

go with flat fenders and you should be okay with 35's and a 2" lift for most situations.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You will find people will post up on line that what ever lift they have is great and "rides better then stock" just to justify their purchase. What knowledge base are they pulling from? Have they ever run other lifts? Do they understand suspension design and what is good and what is a short cut? Do these people think that adding a lift gives them more "flex" and makes their jeep more capable off road? Most are people that want to jack up their jeep so people will look at them, the whole "rock star" thing. If that is what you are looking for pick the biggest cheapest lift you can find and enjoy. If you want to set up your rig to ride nice and perform safely off road do your research and don't just limit it to a jeep forum.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bds

My 2012 came to me with a 3" BDS and Fox Shox. LOVE IT, Love it, love it.

rides great, has 35s on it, and does everything i ask.

I felt the brake line relocation brackets were of poor concept (the materials were fine, but I feel it's a 1/2 ass solution). So I bought longer brake lines.

the ride is good, the flex seems fine. no drive shaft issues.

I would also keep away from Ruff Country... I had one of their lifts on my old TJ, however nothing but issues, rode like crap, sat unlevel, needed modifications to fit.. etc... etc... just all around junk. NOT worth any savings over a higher quality kit.

while they may have improved in recent years, I don't have the time, money or care to give them another chance. Why try to save $100 to only have to spend more $ and time fixing it?

I have the BDS kit, and am very happy with it.

the control arms would be my next upgrade. most likely Rock Krawler arms to give me some more flexyness
Old 12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

I am posting here because I wanna Learn what the quality is and pros and cons of the bds 2" kit with fox 2.0 I would love a rig that drives nice on road and is reasonably capable off road with a sufficient amount of flex I do not want just a "look" but I am on a budget and came across the system so wanted to here everyone's input
Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We love our BDS lifts! We rock then on all of our JCR Jeeps. The ride is great, Fox shocks are very nice upgrade from the standard shocks.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Read the thread on top of the page where this post is.
"My thoughts on lifts"
I believe you will gain a lot of knowledge there.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BDS Lift

I am running the 3" BDS lift right now, as other posters have said the kit is OK, nut no way near a quality kit. One of the questions asked was will you lose height with bumpers / winch / etc. the answer yes. My 3 inch lift quickly dropped to 2.5 inch after adding front and rear bumpers. I had to add Teraflex 1/2 inch spacers to gian it back. I also added JKS front and rear trackbars, the stock kit just didn't keep things centered.

With all said I am currently begining the upgrades to change the lift and go from 35's to 37's. I will be doing things in stages, I will be keeping the JKS trackbars. Everything else will be Rock Krawler, going Saturday to order a complete set of adjustable control arms, after that will be the 2.5inch springs, new shocks , and new breaklines.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Anglico1
I am running the 3" BDS lift right now, as other posters have said the kit is OK, nut no way near a quality kit. One of the questions asked was will you lose height with bumpers / winch / etc. the answer yes. My 3 inch lift quickly dropped to 2.5 inch after adding front and rear bumpers. I had to add Teraflex 1/2 inch spacers to gian it back. I also added JKS front and rear trackbars, the stock kit just didn't keep things centered.
No lift kit will keep things centered without adding adjustable trackbars. It's immaterial that it's BDS. BDS does the same adjustable trackbar options that all other mfrs have.

All lifts will vary in height with added weight. I suspect your BDS dropped from a 3.5 to a 3" with the added weight. That's what happened with my BDS lift.

Quick Reply: 2" bds lift questions