Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2" BB questions

Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
I kinda fell into the 2" spacers for practcally free but I'm lacking the rest of the pieces for the complete 2" lift. First off this will be going on my 2010 JKU and all suspension components are stock. After looking at the TF BB kit I realize I'm lacking longer sway bar links, shock extensions and a brake line relocation bracket. This will not be a permanent lift, it will just hold me over until I can afford my 4 1/2 short arm kit.

With all that said, what is really necessary besides the spacers?
I know I'll need to get longer rear sway links and move the oem rear ones to the front, but do I really need the shock extensions? Can the stock shocks not handle it? I haven't done any serious wheeling on rocks cause most of south Texas is flat and there's only mud to play in. Does the brakeline relocation bracket really move the brake lines that much? Does 2 inches really effect the brakes that dramatically? As I said earlier, this is temporary and at most will be on one year. I just don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I'm just gonna throw out eventually

Last edited by Rusman161; 03-01-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Unless you plan on running off road with the swaybar disconnected you don't need the other stuff.
I don't plan on it until I get my bigger lift and 35s. Gotta use my current setup to get the wife used to wheelin and get her addicted. If i understand you correctly, as long as I wheel according to my lift, the spacers by themselves would
Be fine?

Last edited by Rusman161; 03-01-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

My , if this is only a temporary lift until you get another, more complete setup.

Sway bar links are good, but not "gotta haves". You can run without longer links, but on-road handling will suffer a little.
Brake line bracket extensions or longer brake lines are recommended if you are doing any wheeling that will have your suspension drooping to full flex. You can make some bracket extensions out of 2" long pieces of aluminum or steel.
Shock extensions or longer travel shocks will be required, as your stockers will be close to full extension with the 2" lift.

Anthony

Quick Reply: 2" BB questions