Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5BB lift cost to install?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Scott,

I did my 2.5" TF lift last weekend, it really isn't difficult, however you need to have basic mechanic skills to do it, if you are a complete novice I or don't have the jack, stands or tools I wouldn't do it. Below is my experience, again I agree not that difficult.....
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...s-installation
Old 03-11-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
It will cost you about 2 hours of your time with basic tools and one friend + taco bell for the friend...
2 hrs.......? must have been superman than (kidding) Mine took say 10hrs but again this was only the second lift I installed.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah - mine was more than 10 hours but:
a) I didn't have all the right tools
b) I wasted a lot of time (*hours*!) trying to get the RC rear spacers on
c) I wasted some time trying to get my front driver's side axle down enough to get the spring back on only to figure out the rotor was touching the ground () and I needed to repurpose one of my jacks as the el-cheapo jackstands I used were not tall enough. lol
d) I wasted some time trying to get the front passenger's side axle down far enough to get the spring back on until I came up with the brilliant idea to push the axle down with the scissor jack between the axle and the frame
e) I was lying in the snow on the side of the road

Old 03-12-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine took 8 hours. I also spent most the time looking at wayoflifes write-ups or searching the forum for pics. Little things like which way to put the bolts or what torque setting. Also lots of beer breaks as my desk job body not conditioned to cranking ratchets. Technically it's an easy install I just took my time
Old 03-12-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by currdog
Mine took 8 hours. I also spent most the time looking at wayoflifes write-ups or searching the forum for pics. Little things like which way to put the bolts or what torque setting. Also lots of beer breaks as my desk job body not conditioned to cranking ratchets. Technically it's an easy install I just took my time
Did you do it by yourself?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a leveling kit (pucks) installed for 80$. Got my entire coil lift, shocks, brake lines, bump stops, trac bars ect installed for 300$.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bearstylez

100% solo. Unless you count my 6 and 3 year old kids thAt kept asking questions and tried to help.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Another reason you may consider having someone (mechanic) install...my dealership told me ALL WORK on my JKU must be done by a certified ASE mechanic, otherwise my warranty would not be honored. I realize all dealerships are different but they wanted receipts, signatures, the whole shibang. Just a heads up...
Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

That dealership is incorrect. You can do work on your own vehicle as long as you keep all receipts and a log book. If they are going to void your warranty from a lift they will not care who installed your lift. Plus they also have to prove that the installed part is what damaged what ever you are trying to claim under warranty.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Hey bearstylez,

Can I cash in on that offer to help me with a 2.5" install this Spring? You knew the 1.75" wasn't going to keep me happy for long!

Quick Reply: 2.5BB lift cost to install?