Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" wheel spacers on a stock JK Unlimited Rubicon? Affect ride? Pics?

Old 03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" wheel spacers on a stock JK Unlimited Rubicon? Affect ride? Pics?

Hey Guys
I have an 2010 Unlimited Rubicon and I was looking for a cheap lift and wanted to put a 2.5" spacer lift on it and I was wondering how the ride would be after I put them on and if everything would work properly after I put them on

Please post pics if you have done this with your Jeep
Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are plenty of pics in JK Show & Tell. Look in the Show Off threads stickied to the op.

Most people are indicating little to no change in the ride quality when using coil spacers. Though you may notice that the handling is a bit more flighty because of the new suspension height.

The few that have reported harsher ride quality were install error related. Coils seated incorrectly, bumpstops installed backwards and catching on other components, things of that nature.

Just compare the kits and get the one that has the extra components you want.

Quick Reply: 2.5" wheel spacers on a stock JK Unlimited Rubicon? Affect ride? Pics?