Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" TF lift do i need the shocks?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" TF lift do i need the shocks?

im gonna get the TF2.5" lift coil system do i need the shocks? or do the stock shocks work?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon2010
im gonna get the TF2.5" lift coil system do i need the shocks? or do the stock shocks work?
Stock shock work fine with this lift kit, but aftermarket shocks are superior to the crappie stockers.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default Re: 2.5" TF lift do i need the shocks?

It should come with shock extenders. If u don't get the shocks. I have the 2.5 rough country with 2.2 shocks and like it, it's a rough ride though. Had one shock leak. Gave RC a call they shipped another that day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a Rubicon Express 2" Budget Boost with shock extenders (recommended to get full articulation of stock shock without damage). On another note... According to the dealer, the stock Rubicon shocks are high performance and cost $105 per so I would not replace them if you are on a budget like me.

Stacman
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon2010
TeraFlex has a kit with new shocks, one with shock extensions, one with no shocks/adapters so if you wanted to run another brand you could.

Quick Reply: 2.5" TF lift do i need the shocks?