Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Teralfex BB on 2012 Sahara Unlimited - Driveline changes needed?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Teralfex BB on 2012 Sahara Unlimited - Driveline changes needed?

I've been reading in a few posts about the effect of lifts on 2012's, specifically the DS boot wearing/rubbing.

Any suggestions/practical experience with this out there? I won't be doing a lot of serious wheeling, primarily spending time in the trees/snow and on cattle trails. I'd like to use my warranty on this thing as much as possible, and my dealer has already OK'd the Teraflex BB, but obviously a torn boot is going to be outside the scope of the warranty with the lift on.

Opnions? Leave driveline stock or start swapping out U-joints, etc.?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkellington
I've been reading in a few posts about the effect of lifts on 2012's, specifically the DS boot wearing/rubbing.

Any suggestions/practical experience with this out there? I won't be doing a lot of serious wheeling, primarily spending time in the trees/snow and on cattle trails. I'd like to use my warranty on this thing as much as possible, and my dealer has already OK'd the Teraflex BB, but obviously a torn boot is going to be outside the scope of the warranty with the lift on.

Opnions? Leave driveline stock or start swapping out U-joints, etc.?
You do not need to change the drive shafts out with that kit.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And that's why I continue to laud Teraflex for their customer service. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2.5" Teralfex BB on 2012 Sahara Unlimited - Driveline changes needed?