Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 teraflex question

Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 teraflex question

I have been looking for this answer but haven't found it. I would like to have a total of 3.5" lift. From what I can tell the previous owner of my jeep put on a teraflex spacer level kit. I was hoping I could buy the 2.5" lift kit and use with the leveling spacers to get my 3.5" but I saw somewhere that the 2.5" coil lift has 3" lift front coils and 2" lift rear coils in order to level the jeep. Is this correct?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do u have a 2door or 4
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

It's a 2008 4dr.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Ok. I have the 2.5 tf on my 4dr and netted about 3" in the front. The only problem is that when u put a new bumper and winch on, the front springs will sag a little bringing back the factory rake. It's a super nice kit and I like it but I just recently replaced the front springs with the 2.5 rock krawler progressive rate coils and they are way better springs IMHO. The rk springs are 1" taller than tf springs and they don't sag from the weight of the bumper/winch.
I have the same amount of uptravel with the rk springs and an extra 1 3/4" bumpstop than I did with the tf springs and only the factory bumpstop.
What size.tires do u plan on running
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

It's sits pretty level right now and I have a steel bumper on it. Right now I'm running a 285/70/17 on stock wheels but I plan on getting aftermarket wheels to put in the tires I have before I get the lift. Then when I need new tires I'd like to upgrade to a 34/35" tire. I don't plan on doing any heavy rock crawling since its my dd but I would like it to sit up higher.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Jhwalland
I have been looking for this answer but haven't found it. I would like to have a total of 3.5" lift. From what I can tell the previous owner of my jeep put on a teraflex spacer level kit. I was hoping I could buy the 2.5" lift kit and use with the leveling spacers to get my 3.5" but I saw somewhere that the 2.5" coil lift has 3" lift front coils and 2" lift rear coils in order to level the jeep. Is this correct?
2.5" coil lift will raise the front 3.1" on a stock JK and 2.1" in the rear.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so if I were to use in conjunction with my spacer leveling kit I would have 5.1 in the front and 3.1 in the rear. So I guess I could get a 2" rear coil spacer and get 5.1 all around, right?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Ok so if I were to use in conjunction with my spacer leveling kit I would have 5.1 in the front and 3.1 in the rear. So I guess I could get a 2" rear coil spacer and get 5.1 all around, right?
Disregard that. If I tossed the rear spacer I currently have and got a 2" spacer to replace it and I kept the 2" spacer I have in the front then in theory I would have a 5" lift up front and 4" in the rear. Now, that being said, would the shock extensions and all the other parts in the 2.5" teraflex coil lift still work given that I'm adding an additional 2" to the lift? If not, would it work if I added just an additional 1" to the lift instead of 2"? I'm sorry if this is confusing I'm just trying to figure out my options. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

In theory yes, however I would not suggest doing this. Your going to need more parts to do this the right way, (control arms/trackbars/brakelines/etc).
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Ok thanks for the help. I think I need to do some more research on it. Maybe I should just toss the level kit and start over and get the right coil lift to get the 3.5" I want.

Quick Reply: 2.5 teraflex question