Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Teraflex coil lift install problem

Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Teraflex coil lift install problem

Yesterday I installed my lift and things went decently smooth all is done except the rear trackbar bracket. It looks great.
I cut the template out of the instructions, I put it on the Rear trackbar mount. I was very meticulous about getting it on there and taping and lining it up and all that. I went ahead and punched a starting hole. Drilled it out to 3/8". Went to put the bracket in and the hole is about a half a hole to high. Plus the holes on the side of the bracket itself do not line up with the holes that were already on the body mount so I cannot even put that bolt through. :eek2: I know it says not to wallow out the holes or make them bigger as this would cause slippage and problems.
So now I am at a loss. I put the trackbar back in with out the bracket, knowing that my axel would be off.
Would I be better off to just get an adjustable trackbar? Which brand? Teraflex's says it is to be used with the bracket, is the bracket needed? JKS, Currie or any others really do not state that a bracket is needed. Just knowing that my axel is off will bother the hell out of me.:naw:
Also, rear sway bar links are in and and tight but I guess I got some new links as they were different that the pics in the instructions. the top portion did not have a bolt and nut but just a nut and you had to put a Torx in the center of the bolt to hold it while you tightened the nut. As I tightened and got it set the torx bit broke off inside the bolt. Its tight and not going anywhere. :thinking::eek2::mad:
Should I get new links and re-do this or what should I do?
Teraflex please feel free to chime in. I am at a loss.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same lift. If it were me, I would just order a JKS adjustable trackbar and leave the links alone. You can always swap the links later if you go to a different lift, no sense messing with that now. And I feel that the bracket is a cost effective alternative to adjustable trackbar, but not as ideal a solution so you might as well get a trackbar instead of fiddling with the bracket any more.

That is my non expert opinion. It's worth what you paid for it!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before I did my lift, I had heard that sometimes the print of the pattern would be off. I put on the paper, but could tell it would be off. Even after adjusting where to drill, it was off a little. I did enlarge the holes a tiny bit. If you would have to really enlarge the holes alot, I would go w/ a adjustable. I'm no expert either...
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I have the same lift. If it were me, I would just order a JKS adjustable trackbar and leave the links alone. You can always swap the links later if you go to a different lift, no sense messing with that now. And I feel that the bracket is a cost effective alternative to adjustable trackbar, but not as ideal a solution so you might as well get a trackbar instead of fiddling with the bracket any more.

That is my non expert opinion. It's worth what you paid for it!!!!
So I would not need a bracket in the back if I got the JKS adjustable trackbar?
I guess in the long run I was gonna get the rear trackbar anyway. Just seems to be a safer route. Yeah the Links are tight and on. Can get new ones when $$ permits or I NEED to.. Thanks..
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.teraflex.biz/downloads/dl...structions.pdf

Here's a link to the newest version of the instructions. TeraFlex changed the trackbar bracket pattern, see if that helps out. With a 2.5" you don't have to have a rear frame trackbar bracket, so you can get anyway with just a adjustable trackbar or stock. But as you go taller you will need a axle mounted trackbar bracket. TeraFlex makes a rear forged trackbar also, #1754418.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Here's a link to the newest version of the instructions. TeraFlex changed the trackbar bracket pattern, see if that helps out. With a 2.5" you don't have to have a rear frame trackbar bracket, so you can get anyway with just a adjustable trackbar or stock. But as you go taller you will need a axle mounted trackbar bracket. TeraFlex makes a rear forged trackbar also, #1754418.
So If I got the Teraflex rear Trackbar I can just use that and NO Bracket?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could also use a Rough Country rear track bar bracket, it requires no drilling.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaJeep07
So If I got the Teraflex rear Trackbar I can just use that and NO Bracket?
Yes, with only 2.5" lift you will have no worries.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone.... I called Dave at Northridge and ordered the Teraflex Rear Adjustable Trackbar. Will have it wednesday..
Thanks again to all..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

I'm going to be installing this kit tomorrow afternoon. Can anyone verify that this new diagram for the track bar bracket is correct?

Quick Reply: 2.5" Teraflex coil lift install problem