Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" teraflex coil lift + 1.75" rear spacers...or any suggestions

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" teraflex coil lift + 1.75" rear spacers...or any suggestions

4 door jk with 2.5" coil lift, that came with 1/2" spacer in the rear to level out the rake in the kit from northridge.

Put a LOD rear bumper with Tire Carrier, 35" MTZ and Highlift jack and it seems to be sagging about 1.5" from initial lift. Also adding a ARB rooftop tent in a month or so which will add more weight to the rear.

Thinking I would add a 1.75" spacer (replacing the 1/2") that would net a 1.25" gain.

Anyone see any problems with this?

Does it matter what brand of spacer?

Would I be better off replacing the coils (rear for now, fronts when i get new bumper and winch)?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

I have a similar setup, but I am running an XRC rear bumper 35" KM2's and a hi-lift jack on the carrier. I have the TF 2.5" with shocks, removed the rear 1/2" spacer and added a TF 1".

I do have a LoD mid width front bumper and winch, I didn't add anything to the front. Seems to sit perfect with no rubbing when flexed... I have a 2DR though..
Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by liquidg
4 door jk with 2.5" coil lift, that came with 1/2" spacer in the rear to level out the rake in the kit from northridge.

Put a LOD rear bumper with Tire Carrier, 35" MTZ and Highlift jack and it seems to be sagging about 1.5" from initial lift. Also adding a ARB rooftop tent in a month or so which will add more weight to the rear.

Thinking I would add a 1.75" spacer (replacing the 1/2") that would net a 1.25" gain.

Anyone see any problems with this?

Does it matter what brand of spacer?

Would I be better off replacing the coils (rear for now, fronts when i get new bumper and winch)?
Man, sagging 1.5" is quite a bit. Spacers would work for a while, but you're a lot heavier than your springs are designed for and they'll eventually sag more. Call David and ask, but my first thought is OME HD coils then tune ride height with spacers. The OME HD's were designed with exactly your rig in mind! Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2.5" teraflex coil lift + 1.75" rear spacers...or any suggestions