Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" TeraFlex BB + Shocks & Springs

Old 01-31-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.5" TeraFlex BB + Shocks & Springs

I posted this under the 2.5"BB Notes, but figured I would post it in a separate discussion.

So, I did the work myself with a buddy on installing the lift. Just now thinking about it, might have done something wrong, but don't know the impact of it.

Installed the TeraFlex 2.5" BB with shock extensions on a stock 4dr Sahara. So basically the TF 2.5" pucks front and rear with bump-stops, end-links, shock extensions, and the brake line bracket.

Keep in mind I have RR XHD Front and Rear Bumpers with stock springs and shocks and the Dueler tires.

Decided that the ride seemed a littler rough, so I bought the TeraFlex 9550 shocks and ditched the extensions. Thinking back, I wish I would have just bought the entire lift first, but its an education process I guess. Went to the 4x4 beach in NC, and found my ride to be extremely soft to the point where I was hitting my bump-stops. Didn't really investigate it too much, just figured that my shocks were now softer, and with the old springs and 2.5" pucks, along with my heavy bumpers, my suspension was just compressing faster than it should have been.

Came home ordered the TeraFlex Springs for the 2.5-3" lift. Thing is, I didn't take out the 2.5" BB pucks, I just installed the springs over top.

So to summarize, I am using the 2.5-3" TeraFlex Shocks & Springs, with the 2.5" BB Pucks, End-links, Bumps-tops, and Brake Bracket.

The 2 issues I know of are:
- I need brake line extension because at full-flex I cannot turn my wheels very far.
- I need adjustable front lower control arms to fix my caster angle.

Does anyone see any problems with what I am running?

Also have 34" Duratracs on stock 18" wheels, but really have no problem with them except the Caster Angle.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I've thought about picking up a set of 2.5" coil lift springs for cheap and running exactly what you're doing.

I've got the 2.5" coil spacers with shock adapters, but wanting new shocks.

The new brake lines/ extentions is definitely needed. The CAs will also help out alot. You shouldn't need more bumpstops unless you notice you are stuffing too much into fender well.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Actually I've thought about picking up a set of 2.5" coil lift springs for cheap and running exactly what you're doing.

I've got the 2.5" coil spacers with shock adapters, but wanting new shocks.

The new brake lines/ extentions is definitely needed. The CAs will also help out alot. You shouldn't need more bumpstops unless you notice you are stuffing too much into fender well.
Thanks for the information. Yah the brake extensions will be the first Spring project. As for the CA's...they will have to wait for funding. Hopefully an investor will come in shortly
Old 02-01-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked this question about a week ago. I was told that if I wanted to run this setup that I needed to get a full set of CA's, drag flip kit, and drive shafts. here is the link to the short discussion, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...coils-question. hope this helps
Old 02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ninjajmoney
I asked this question about a week ago. I was told that if I wanted to run this setup that I needed to get a full set of CA's, drag flip kit, and drive shafts. here is the link to the short discussion, https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...coils-question. hope this helps
Thanks transferring to your thread.

Quick Reply: 2.5" TeraFlex BB + Shocks & Springs