Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 tera flex vs 3 inch bds

Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 tera flex vs 3 inch bds

I'm debating on which lift to go with an narrowed it down to these two. Which is the more complete kit and the better kit. I am looking for more daily driver ride quality. Which kit will I not have to buy a bunch of extra stuff like control arms, trac bars and all that. I will be running 33s with 18 inch wheels
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

An I am going with the coil lift not the spacer lift.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Can't go wrong with the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I added Curry LCA on the front, but didn't really need to. It is a complete kit and doesn't require a lot of extra stuff. You may want to add adjustable track bars to get your tires back in line, but that's it and frankly, they're not mandatory. It just makes the Jeep look even again.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 on teraflex. You can add to your lift and great customer service.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have not heard many people complain about the BDS lift but I have heard a bunch of complaints about spring sag with weight on the Tera lifts???? Any experience out there?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

See I have heard the opposite, I heard from checking online that the bds springs sag pretty bad, an the Teraflex doesn't. That's why I wanted to post. I don't see many reviews on bds 3 inch on the jku but tons on the Teraflex. An even on the 2.5 inch lift I would need trac bars front and rear to make everything even? Thought that was just the case on lifts over 3 inches. All the rest you just needed a rear track bar bracket. I know the bds comes with the adjustment bolts, sway bar quick disconnects which I probably won't use, an the exhaust spacer (which I saw bad reviews on)
Old 11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BDS lift, overall I am happy, but it is not a complete kit, and you will get sag if you add any weight (bumpers ETC.). I added an Expedition One rear bumper with tire carrier and a PSC Brawler front bumper, a then need to add Teraflex 1/2inch spacers to get the lost hight with the weight.

Also you will need lower control arms with the BDS kit I would not use the cams that come with the kit, so now you are looking at more $$$$$$.

I also opted for JKS front and rear track bars to bring everything back to center.

Like I said overall not bad for the $$$$ but when you consider everthing I had to do after new bumpers, WOW!!!!! If I had to do it again I would go with Teraflex.

cheers

Quick Reply: 2.5 tera flex vs 3 inch bds