Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" suspension upgrade advice

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" suspension upgrade advice

Just thinking of what to replace my RC 2.5" BB with. I really like the way the JK sits now and I dont really want to go much higher...if any at all. With the Xenon flares, the 36" Iroks fit real nice....I could probably go to 2.75" or 3", but not if I dont have too.

What I really want is to get more droop out of the suspension without going much higher. Seems that most of the 3" lifts end up netting more than 3" of lift. I see Pro Comp has a 2.5" kit out now...and TF will be releasing their 2.5 coil kit shortly.

My biggest question is regarding shocks. If I go with a longer shock, I will get more droop, but I think I will also limit uptravel before the shocks bottom out. I was thinking I could use shocks designed for 3-4" of lift, and maybe use some EVS stops or some adjustable bumpstops to keep the shocks from bottoming. Is this the way to go?

Quick Reply: 2.5" suspension upgrade advice