Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 rough country on jku, minimal problems

Old 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Mounted them today, they were a bitch..lol. I didnt balance them tho, a buddy has a machine but no balancer. I'd like to see how they drive b4 I spend and more time messing with them. I'm curious how they will do going down the road. They fit good and so far so good. Might be a little heavy for the rear door tho. The pinch weld is about an inch away, I will probably have to trim it. These have to be one of the ugliest wheels but they were cheap.

edit I drove it about 50 miles, with 30 psi in them ot drives way smoother than the 33s did. Still need to use the programmer for the speedo with the tire size. I'm surprised that a bigger fatter tire would drive better especially being stuffed on these wheels.

Last edited by Flatblack83; 07-05-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been driving this thing for months, a few people with other jeeps drove it and I was told it drives better than most. The ranchos ar set at 5 and 3 ,tire pressure at 30. Did a few small things but nothing crazy. Since it's the wife's she wanted a grill and I said then it gets a bumper too..lol. so I had my brothers body shop paint the grill. Winch will be on this week, 10k superwinch from my other truck.

Last edited by Flatblack83; 12-23-2019 at 07:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rancho (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear it!!!

Originally Posted by Flatblack83
Been driving this thing for months, a few people with other jeeps drove it and I was told it drives better than most. The ranchos ar set at 5 and 3 ,tire pressure at 30. Did a few small things but nothing crazy. Since it's the wife's she wanted a grill and I said then it gets a bumper too..lol. so I had my brothers body shop paint the grill. Winch will be on this week, 10k superwinch from my other truck.

Quick Reply: 2.5 rough country on jku, minimal problems