Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 RockKrawler on order

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 RockKrawler on order

I have had a 2.5 RockKrawler lift kit on order for 2 weeks now from Northwest 4x4. They are out of stock so they said it would be drop shipped from RK. Apparently RK is out of springs. Checked with Northwest yesterday and they said it could be another week.
Anyone else out there waiting?
RK. Care to comment? What's the status of shipping kits with 2.5 springs.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Northridge 4x4
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Rock Kralwer has been very busy between the move and having some employee's out sick. The 2.5" height is the most popular kit and they are working incredibly hard to get all of the orders filled. If they told you it would be about another week then that is what it will be. Rock Krawler is very good with the estimated shipping dates and most times when they give you an estimated shipping date they actually end up shipping it a day or two earlier.

You may be anxious to get the kit right now but once you have it installed you will be very pleased.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had to wait as well, but it happens, it probably took about a week longer than i had expected, but i have it now and installed its awesome.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I waited a little longer than expected as well, I just got my 3.5 Max Travel. But they just moved facilities and there are a lot of events happening in the industry in the past couple of weeks. Give it time it will show up. Heck I have been waiting about 3 weeks now for my Fox shocks to show up. Apparently they were on back order. It happens.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its worth the wait!! Great kit, great company, great service, they are in the process of moving their shop so they are probably very busy. Heres my RK 2.5 Max Travel on 37`s...... you are gonna love the kit

Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

While your waiting, why don't you check out Metal Cloak?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for the delay in shipping products. We just moved our entire operation so we can increase our capacity. We have been up and running now in the new fascility for almost 2 weeks, but all of our new equipment is not 100% operational yet. We are doing our best to get everything up and running. All of our new equipment should be all wired and tooled up by the end of the first week of March, but all of our old equipment is up and running, it is just that we are up against capacity issues right now.

Sometimes actually making all of your products in house has its head aches too. We apologize.

Have a good weekend...

RK
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh yeah. Good point. In all the mess, we forgot about the production manager and another guy being out sick. They are back now too... Thank God. One of them was really sick and in the hospital for almost a week.

RK
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

So while I wait patiently I am installing my shock extensions, worked on rear today. I have to wait a while before I order my new shocks. I had the rear of the jeep on stands and released the shocks. When I lowered the axle the emergency brake cable and brake lines became very tight. Is there some kind of relocation bracket? It looks like when the axle droops the emergency brake cables will bind on the brakes and the gas fill line. Anyone have input here? Also with the 2.5 kit that has the front lower control arms and track bar, you get new front brake lines. On the back it is expected that the existing lines be used. Is there a brake line relocation bracket in the kit? It looks like I will need to let the lines down to keep them from binding. So two issues. Emergency brake cable bracket and rear brake lines bracket.
Any input?

Quick Reply: 2.5 RockKrawler on order