Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Rock Krawler lift w/ 1" Body Lift OR 3.5" Suspension?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Rock Krawler lift w/ 1" Body Lift OR 3.5" Suspension?

OK, been driving myself nuts with lift choices for my 2009 JK 2 Dr.

I think I have decided on RK over TerFlex.
So I was thinking since I kind of like the look of 3.5" w/ 35's, I would either go with:
2.5" Stock Mod Rock Krawler lift w/ 1.25" Rough Country Body Lift OR 3.5" Stock Mod Entry Suspension kit and No Body Lift.

I was thinking maybe the combo w/ body lift would be a good idea to lessen drivetrain angles?
Although RK told me I should be fine w/ the 3.5" kit.

So any input is greatly appreciated.
THANX!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

I'm struggling with the same questions and am interested in what others think or have experienced...

Also, what about front control arms? Are then needed right away with the 3.5 lift? the 2.5 lift?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

dont know the price difference between the two setups but I would go for the 3.5" lift. I have a 1" BL and now have it on my to do list to remove it now that I have a 5" lift installed. Should should be ok with the 3.5" on the driveshafts.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Rock Krawler lift w/ 1" Body Lift OR 3.5" Suspension?