Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" RK vs 3" EVO

Old 02-10-2014, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP any particular reason why King shocks? Just because EVO recommends them with their springs?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
OP any particular reason why King shocks? Just because EVO recommends them with their springs?
Well yes and no,

I kinda noticed them because EVO uses them in their ENFORCER package, but after doing some more research about them, they really seem to top notch. Dont get me wrong, there are other interesting shocks out there (FOX, ELKA,...), but these seem to be easily revalvable, rebuildable as well as already tuned by KING for JEEP JK...

I have some experience with shock/coils combination from circuit racing, so what I am looking for is the softest possible coil with the best shocks out there to achieve the best handling results...

As I wrote already, I am pretty much sold on KINGs, now the harder part seems to be to find the right springs. Not many manufacturers are either willing or able to talk about their spring rates, so one has to base his judgment on other persons opinions (which is always kinda dangerous)...

:-)
Old 02-10-2014, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PET77
Well yes and no, I kinda noticed them because EVO uses them in their ENFORCER package, but after doing some more research about them, they really seem to top notch. Dont get me wrong, there are other interesting shocks out there (FOX, ELKA,...), but these seem to be easily revalvable, rebuildable as well as already tuned by KING for JEEP JK... I have some experience with shock/coils combination from circuit racing, so what I am looking for is the softest possible coil with the best shocks out there to achieve the best handling results... As I wrote already, I am pretty much sold on KINGs, now the harder part seems to be to find the right springs. Not many manufacturers are either willing or able to talk about their spring rates, so one has to base his judgment on other persons opinions (which is always kinda dangerous)... :-)
In that case call EVO and talk to them. I've never heard anything bad really on their plush springs. I almost got them when considering 3". It was between them and synergy. I'll say out of the bilsteins, the fox, and the kings I've ran the bilateins rode the best on road I felt as far as soft. Now my fox aren't revalved to the springs and neither were the kings I ran and that could make all the difference.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
My apologies. I'm not changing your meaning. I'm simply interpreting it my own way based off your whole post and then posting my own response. Not hitting my buttons. Curious where I did this the first time though.
No worries bud.... just pointing it out.

Quick Reply: 2.5" RK vs 3" EVO