Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 RK flex lift or 2.5 RK max travel lift?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 RK flex lift or 2.5 RK max travel lift?

I just bought my 2011 JKU Rubicon a few months ago. It is currently on 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grabbers. I will need tires soon and I want to go with 35's. I want a 2.5 lift and nothing much higher. I have read a lot on lifts and I like the 2.5 RK lifts. I am just unsure on the differences between the flex and max travel. There is $300 different in the price. I plan on doing some moderate off roading this fall. I don't want to do anything extreme right now but I want a good tough lift for when I do hit some more hard core trails. I also have thought about installing the lift myself. Is the Max Travel worth the extra $300 or should I save it and stick with the Flex? And is trying to install either of these lifts myself a bad idea since this is my first Jeep build? Thanks for your input
Old 07-13-2016, 11:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the extra money you get rear control arms, brake lines, and swaybar links. If it's in the budget I think it's worth it for a more rounded system. I have the max travel myself. As for installing it it depends on your mechanical ability. It's mostly just removing and replacing parts, not too bad if you know your way around a suspension. Adjusting the arms/track bar and tightening the jam nuts is a pain though, but again not too complicated. The newer kits have a bolt on track bar bracket rather than weld on so that helps ease the install a bit.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowpony46
For the extra money you get rear control arms, brake lines, and swaybar links. If it's in the budget I think it's worth it for a more rounded system. I have the max travel myself. As for installing it it depends on your mechanical ability. It's mostly just removing and replacing parts, not too bad if you know your way around a suspension. Adjusting the arms/track bar and tightening the jam nuts is a pain though, but again not too complicated. The newer kits have a bolt on track bar bracket rather than weld on so that helps ease the install a bit.
100% ^

Buying components within a 'kit' will save you a few bucks rather than buying separately after. The 2.5" doesn't throw your rear pinion angle too out of whack, but it's nice being able to dial it in perfectly the first time.

Quick Reply: 2.5 RK flex lift or 2.5 RK max travel lift?