Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" rc bb

Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the only pic I have where you can sort of see the links....mine are the teraflex quick disconnects which are a good inch or two longer than the stock ones if I remember correctly (good for 0"-3" of lift), and with my 2.5" front lift they are still not quite level. I know it's hard to see, but you can barely see that they are not level with the frame.....so if mine are longer than stock and aren't level, then how much more of an angle would the stock links be at with the same setup?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Hey JK-KJ, beat ya to the pic by 3 minutes.
I'm looking for some new sway bar links now. I was going to buy links just for the rear and move the rear ones to the front but I've seen quite a few posts from people that have done this and they have had some serious problems bending and twisting the link while offroad. Did you get new links for the front and rear?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

By the way Chris, congrats on becoming a JK Enthusiast. I just made my 100th post today too.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Hey JK-KJ, beat ya to the pic by 3 minutes.
I'm looking for some new sway bar links now. I was going to buy links just for the rear and move the rear ones to the front but I've seen quite a few posts from people that have done this and they have had some serious problems bending and twisting the link while offroad. Did you get new links for the front and rear?
LOL, yeah I saw that....oh well, can't win em all.

But, no I haven't replaced the rear links on mine..just the front. The rear of mine has the 1.75" spacers, so I didn't bother with the shock extensions or longer links...and it still flexes about the same as stock.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Here ya go. I took a rough measurement and the front swaybar goes does about 2-1/4" and the rear drops about 1-3/4" which sounds about right since my spacers are 2-1/2" for the front and 1-3/4" for the rear.
Front

Rear

thanks for the pics my mind is at ease now i was scared there would be a major drop by looking how short the stock links are. I also ordered the rear track bar drop bracket from TF i heard some had problems getting them in any word on if the newer brackets are going in better?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

My conclusion, based on reading various folk's experience from installing a BB, is that no two JKs will have the same rake. Many folks complain of the forward rake of the stock JK, and install a BB such as the 2.5" RC (which I have) in the hopes that it will give a bit more lift to the front, leveling the vehicle. However, I don't know if it's other mods, spring rates, or what, but after installing the 2.5" RC BB I had a very distinct rise (reverse rake) to the front. I hated it, plus have to wonder if it wasn't dangerous. The most significant departure, other than the BB itself, from stock was Shrockworks rock rails (very heavy). But, I figured that was about in the center of the vehicle.

Anyway, installed Shrockworks mid-width front bumper and a Warn PowerPlant, and my JK now sits perfectly level. Perfectly--checked with a four foot level on level pavement against the rock rails, which are frame mounted. The front sway bar also sits level, but I have TF QDs installed (0-3").

Bottom line: I recommend you install the BB, take a gander at what you have, then decide what you need to adjust your rake and your suspension components.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

If you put on the track bar bracket you need to install bump stops on the rear to prevent shocks being damaged with the RC BB lift.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tritondave
If you put on the track bar bracket you need to install bump stops on the rear to prevent shocks being damaged with the RC BB lift.

i did not know this i guess i will have to order the tf one's in the future
Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

I should have said the pass. side shock will be damaged by the track bar bracket. You can make the bump stops from 2 inch tubing and bolting them on the axel on top of the flat plate made on the axel.

Quick Reply: 2.5" rc bb