Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" long arm any use?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" long arm any use?

so im wondering, ive been actually thinking of down sizing from my rk 3.5" to a 2.5". wondering if theres any 2.5" long arms out there or if i could just use shorter springs? if i were to use the same lift im on right now with 2.5" lift springs will the shocks need to be changed, this is mostly just wondering right now as i don't know if i want to go with 37s or not when my 35s wear out. are there actually any advantages of going with a long arm as far as flex on a 2.5"? or will i just be limited by my shocks? thanks for answering any of my many questions
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id stick with the short arm for a lift of 2.5. General consensus is you'll see benefits with a tall lift. Longarms don't affect flex, that's based on shock lengths and bumpstops. I don't see how you'd see gains vs cost with a 2.5" setup and Longarms. Shocks should be fine, though you may need retainers as the shock lengths may be longer then coils and they may unseat on hard flex. I do believe their frts are progressive and rears are linear. So frts prolly won't be an issue, but the rr may. If the plan is 37's, I'd stick with the 3.5, personally. Bouncing off the bumpstops all the time gets old in my book. That little extra height makes a big difference in comfort on the trail, yet not going over tall as if you're going with a 6" lift. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by highwayman; 11-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.5" long arm any use?