Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" lift. Talk to me about trackbars

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.5" lift. Talk to me about trackbars

Installed Skyjacker 2.5" spring lift. I've read a few horror stories on here about the factory welds breaking off of the axle housing when using the trackbar relocation bracket supplied with this kit. I see that Skyjacker sells a brace that attaches between the relocation bracket and the diff to help support the bracket and prevent it from applying to much leverage on the factory welds...is this brace sufficient? Or should I just buy an adjustable trackbar and ditch the relocation bracket?

Opinions?

Last edited by undertow119; 01-05-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKS......it's cheap but stought as all get out. You won't break this puppy.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is the ticket right there!

David
Old 01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BaltChief
JKS......it's cheap but stought as all get out. You won't break this puppy.

I got that on mine.... I recommend the rear. The front has some issues...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Please go into more detail about this issue. I am installing the same skyjacker lift on Friday and do not want to break anything after it is installed. Are we talking about the rear track bar relocation bracket? Does anyone have a picture to help me out? I'm new to all of this.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fulmerb
Please go into more detail about this issue. I am installing the same skyjacker lift on Friday and do not want to break anything after it is installed. Are we talking about the rear track bar relocation bracket? Does anyone have a picture to help me out? I'm new to all of this.
That brace is made for a stock or adjustable TB in the rear. Its not a relocation bracket only a brace. The JKS front track bar brace does have a upper hole that relocates the front TB. But it is designed to only use a Steering stabilizer with a spherical joint on one side. Most all our SS have bushings. So it had became a bit of an issue.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=JKS+brace

Last edited by Gokracer1; 01-05-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

So in order to use the brace in the rear I will need to get an adjustable track bar and ditch the relocation bracket contained in the Skyjacker kit? Who makes a good adjustable track bar?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fulmerb
So in order to use the brace in the rear I will need to get an adjustable track bar and ditch the relocation bracket contained in the Skyjacker kit? Who makes a good adjustable track bar?
I am pretty sure you would have to ditch the TB relocation bracket. I can imagine you can not run both. Unless the bracket that comes in the kit is solid... I don't know much about skyjacker personally. I got a Teraflex adjustable rear and I am happy w/ it, very solid especially the front

Last edited by Gokracer1; 01-05-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
That brace is made for a stock or adjustable TB in the rear. Its not a relocation bracket only a brace.
Not sure which brace you are referring to...the JKS one mentioned above, or the Skyjacker brace I mentioned in the original post? The skyjacker brace is this one:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16005_952.htm

It is designed to support the relocation bracket that comes in the Skyjacker kit. The JKS brace mentioned above reinforces the stock bracket. It can be used with a stock or adjustable trackbar, with or without a relocation bracket, as noted here:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16007_005.htm

But also note that the JKS brace requires welding to install, which makes it a little tougher to install for those of us who can't weld. But it does look pretty damn sturdy.

Quick Reply: 2.5" lift. Talk to me about trackbars