Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Lift Help

Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Lift Help

Here is my issue: I am currently running the TeraFlex 2.5” budget boost with shocks on my 2DR. I installed a bumper and winch…..you know the rest. It doesn’t look bad now but over time it’s going to sag. I want to swap out the spacers with stronger, bigger springs. The TF 2.5” 4DR springs gives the 2DR about 3 inches of lift in the front. Can I install those springs (front and back) and keep my shocks, bump stops and sway bar links that I installed with the 2.5” BB?

I plan to install skids, rocker guards and rear bumper/carrier in the near future.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The TF 2.5” 4DR springs gives the 2DR about 3 inches of lift in the front.
You may want to browse some more. The TF 2.5" 4door coils give 3" on a 4door. They give 4" on a 2door...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You may want to browse some more. The TF 2.5" 4door coils give 3" on a 4door. They give 4" on a 2door...
I emailed TF and he told me that the 4dr 2.5" give the 2dr roughly 3.1". How high can I go before I have to swap out for bigger bumpstops, sway bar links and shocks
Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MancationJEEP
I emailed TF and he told me that the 4dr 2.5" give the 2dr roughly 3.1". How high can I go before I have to swap out for bigger bumpstops, sway bar links and shocks
Start looking at more of the posts by TF on this site. 4door 2.5" coils give 3.1" on a 4door

Try post 14 in this one
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...uot-lift/page2

Last edited by nthinuf; 03-01-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MancationJEEP
Here is my issue: I am currently running the TeraFlex 2.5” budget boost with shocks on my 2DR. I installed a bumper and winch…..you know the rest. It doesn’t look bad now but over time it’s going to sag. I want to swap out the spacers with stronger, bigger springs. The TF 2.5” 4DR springs gives the 2DR about 3 inches of lift in the front. Can I install those springs (front and back) and keep my shocks, bump stops and sway bar links that I installed with the 2.5” BB?

I plan to install skids, rocker guards and rear bumper/carrier in the near future.
Yes you can. I did the same thing a few years back (2.5" BB to 2.5" coils). The remaining parts in the two kits are identical. You will like the difference in the stance and the ride.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift Help