Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is a 2.5" Lift Enough with bumpers and fenders?

Old 02-25-2016, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a 2.5" Lift Enough with bumpers and fenders?

Hey guys, I am wondering what all of your experiences with weight and 2.5 inch lifts are. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a rock crawler 2.5 inch lift, and I am worried it won't be tall enough after I add my rear tire carrier and aluminum fenders...(already have front and winch). Anyone have experience with this, or any sag issues?
Thanks
Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running the AEV 2.5" lift now with heavy front and bumpers. They are made to take the weight and more and still keep the lift height. I went with the teraflex hd hinge for my 34" tires and it couldn't have worked out better. I don't have personal experience with rock krawler but their springs are also progressive rate like the aev's so you should be fine.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tvan93
Hey guys, I am wondering what all of your experiences with weight and 2.5 inch lifts are. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a rock crawler 2.5 inch lift, and I am worried it won't be tall enough after I add my rear tire carrier and aluminum fenders...(already have front and winch). Anyone have experience with this, or any sag issues? Thanks
You will be fine. Good quality aftermarket coils are designed to be weighed down on a fully loaded rig bumpers, winch, etc. 2.5 is the expected height of a loaded jeep, lighter will see more.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tvan93
Hey guys, I am wondering what all of your experiences with weight and 2.5 inch lifts are. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a rock crawler 2.5 inch lift, and I am worried it won't be tall enough after I add my rear tire carrier and aluminum fenders...(already have front and winch). Anyone have experience with this, or any sag issues? Thanks
I have an AEV 2.5. I have been doing similar research on adding bumpers, winch, etc. forum feedback that I have gotten, is worst case you might need a small coil spacer ( ½ inch) if you were to lose more lift that you want. posters have indicated this won't impact handling or create drive line issues. Will keep researching as I get closer to buy decision, but it is promising alternative.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
I have an AEV 2.5. I have been doing similar research on adding bumpers, winch, etc. forum feedback that I have gotten, is worst case you might need a small coil spacer ( ½ inch) if you were to lose more lift that you want. posters have indicated this won't impact handling or create drive line issues. Will keep researching as I get closer to buy decision, but it is promising alternative.
This is basically what I've come to. Spacers don't bother me as long as it's not like putting a budget boost under it lol
Old 02-25-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

you'll be fine.......i have 2.5" TF and have rear bumper with tire carrier (35 on back), rugged ridge front bumper with winch, and it honestly hardly moved at all
Old 02-26-2016, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m4belisle
you'll be fine.......i have 2.5" TF and have rear bumper with tire carrier (35 on back), rugged ridge front bumper with winch, and it honestly hardly moved at all
x2 I have Teraflex 2.5" and a ton of heavy gear.... no problems with 35s after 8 great years of lifted fun.

Quick Reply: Is a 2.5" Lift Enough with bumpers and fenders?