Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Lift Debate

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrmcgill25
And After....
nice job! looks great, and good choice on the lift.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrmcgill25
And After....
Now that you have had a chance to drive your jeep with the lift I am interested in an assessment of how it handles on the road at speed. Is there any bump steer or vibrations that you didn't have before? The lift looks great, no more rake in the front. I have been looking at this lift and am interested in hearing what you think about it.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion is it drives better than stock. It's a little stiff but that's to be expected fresh out of the box. The steering response is better and smoother than stock. It takes bumps much better, seems to distribute the bump more evenly than just jarring the front end. I haven't hit a bump yet that cause me to experience bump steer, before the lift I could hit a lot hole or rr tracks and my steering wheel would move back and forth with the bump. I haven't had it above about 60mph so far but at those speeds there's no death wobble or swaying of the jeep. So far I haven't had any bad experiences with the lift. I'm not gonna say it won't happen but as of yet it hasn't. And I definitely believe its a better ride than stock, and flexes like hell.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good news and I think that is the lift I want as well. I'm still trying to decide 2.5 or 3.5, just don't want to get into drive shafts etc associated with the taller lift so the 2.5 is looking better all the time.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Pushrod
That's good news and I think that is the lift I want as well. I'm still trying to decide 2.5 or 3.5, just don't want to get into drive shafts etc associated with the taller lift so the 2.5 is looking better all the time.
I have the same lift, 2.5" MT.

Wish I had done 3.5 because had major rubbing on front bumper and fenders. Hacked bumper and got flat fenders. Only a problem if you wheel it though.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do wheel, as often as possible, with my jeep maintaining stock suspension. This leads to a lot of rubbing on the underneath thus wanting the larger tires and lift. Even though it's not primary transportation and daily driver I do drive it on the highway a lot and don't want to have geometry issues. I want to buy as complete of a lift as necessary to avoid all these types of problems. I have replaced the stock bumpers and the front is a mid-width LOD with a winch and this has added to the stock rake a little and want to get it level front and rear.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Pushrod
I do wheel, as often as possible, with my jeep maintaining stock suspension. This leads to a lot of rubbing on the underneath thus wanting the larger tires and lift. Even though it's not primary transportation and daily driver I do drive it on the highway a lot and don't want to have geometry issues. I want to buy as complete of a lift as necessary to avoid all these types of problems. I have replaced the stock bumpers and the front is a mid-width LOD with a winch and this has added to the stock rake a little and want to get it level front and rear.
As far as the sag, an RK lift would be good because the springs are progressive rate. That means they're wound different at the top to help prevent sag.

Since you've already done the bumpers, I figure a mid width front will be sufficient to prevent rubbing. If you do 35's, it still may rub the fenders. Might be able to avoid it with proper bump stops. If not, might still be less expensive to get flat fenders vs. all the other stuff you might need by going to 3.5".

I was considering replacing my 2.5" springs with 3.5", but that would also require new shocks. Now that I have the flat fenders, I'm going to stay at 2.5" for a while.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

RK springs are progressive front linear rear. Something to keep in mind.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor

Here are some links to my Facebook page.

Rock Krawelr 2.5" X-Factor Plus on 33's and Warrior Products Flat Tube Fenders

Before the Flat Fenders - This was a picture about twenty minutes after the lift was installed.

Action Video Before the Flat Fenders

Haven't had a chance to wheel with the Flat Fenders yet. Only put them on a few days ago after We ripped our factory fender off the last time we were out.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift Debate