Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" lift with BUMPSTEER!!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" lift with BUMPSTEER!!

how can i get rid of this?? i´ve tried everything alignment , changing tackbar, steering shock .. i dont know what to do!1 any help?
by the way i have an 2.5 BB
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

I am assuming you have a 2 door?

You most likely have caster issues. Your front axle was "pulled back" towards the center of the Jeep when you did your BB. That can make the steering very flighty and introduce bumpsteer into the equation.

To correct caster issues you either need longer/ adjustable control arms ( start with lowers and if needed move to new uppers as well) OR you can go the route I went and purchase the control arm relocation brackets from Rough Country or AEV.

Again I am assuming you have caster issues, but the true way to tell would be to get an alignment done and look at the spec sheet for your caster. I think spec is somewhere around 3.7 to 5. Help me out on this fellas.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock caster is roughly 4.5 from what I've read on here.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I did my 3.5" lift I set my caster to 4.7° and it drives.awesome. When I first did the lift and set all my control arm lenhths to rock krawler specs it drove like a shopping cart. Only had .6° of caster.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

im also running RC control arm bracket relocation so i dont think thats the prob... any other ideas? and its a 4 door

Quick Reply: 2.5" lift with BUMPSTEER!!