Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" Lift advice for a JKUR

Old 07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" Lift advice for a JKUR

Time to pull the trigger on a lift. 95% of my driving is street and I've got a budget, so thinking a 2.5" lift is what I'm going to get. The questions is do I go with the Teraflex 2.5" Coil or the AEV 2.5" Dual Sport. I'm staying with the stock wheels and MT for now, but plan on upgrading in the next year or so to 35". Also plan on getting new bumpers by the end of the year. What are your opinions and experiences with either of these lifts? Any advice appreciated.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have the TF 3" and love it! The ride is awesome. I got my 2013 at yhe end of December and have over 10,000 miles on it. If you have any questions about TF call them. They have great customer service. I am getting ready to pull the trigger to buy a TF lift for my wife's JK. One of the thkngs I like about TF's lifts are that it comes as a complete package including springs, shocks, bump stops, front brake lines & rear drop brackets, rear track bar relocate bracket & front sway bar links with quick disconnects. I also looked at the AEV. I was told it is more of a trail/road lift and not as good for rock crawling.

Never Forget PTB-EGH 343
Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor

Both companies make a quality lift. Depending on how much weight you plan on adding to the rig also depends on what lift kit you want to go with. If you are going to put a heavy bumper and a winch on you might want to consider a kit with progressive coil springs. Progressive rate springs don't sag as much as linear springs.

Your choice should also be based on what your main usage of the vehicle is. If you like to play in the rocks a kit with a set of high clearance control arms would be preferred opposed to the drop brackets used in the AEV kit.

If you want to discuss more options in detail feel free to PM us.

You can also check out our rig on our Facebook page. It has a Rock Krawler 2.5" X Factor Plus Kit sitting on 35's with flat fenders.

https://www.facebook.com/Smashboogie4x4
Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor

The Teraflex kit is a great kit. Send me a PM for a price
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROCK KRAWLER 2.5" with bilsteins for a 4" lift up front and 2" in the rear, rolling on 37's

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130717_061856.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	481355

Name:	ForumRunner_20130717_061838.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	481357

Name:	ForumRunner_20130717_061847.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	481356
Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Todd H
Time to pull the trigger on a lift. 95% of my driving is street and I've got a budget, so thinking a 2.5" lift is what I'm going to get. The questions is do I go with the Teraflex 2.5" Coil or the AEV 2.5" Dual Sport. I'm staying with the stock wheels and MT for now, but plan on upgrading in the next year or so to 35". Also plan on getting new bumpers by the end of the year. What are your opinions and experiences with either of these lifts? Any advice appreciated.
I installed a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with Bilstien shocks on my 2013 JKUR. It sits of 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers and works great as a daily driver. The combination of the Pentastar and 4.10 Rubi gears makes the swap from 32's to 35's almost unnoticeable. The ride and look is so much better than stock... 2.5" Teraflex is a nice complete kit and a few vendors here offer real good prices on it. Good Luck.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Teraflex 2 1/2 lift kit on 2013 JK

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
I installed a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with Bilstien shocks on my 2013 JKUR. It sits of 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers and works great as a daily driver. The combination of the Pentastar and 4.10 Rubi gears makes the swap from 32's to 35's almost unnoticeable. The ride and look is so much better than stock... 2.5" Teraflex is a nice complete kit and a few vendors here offer real good prices on it. Good Luck.

I just installed a 2 1/2 Teraflex suspension lift kit w/shocks on my 2013 JK. I found out after I ordered that I had to install spacers for the stock (Rubicon upgraded) wheels. Kit was complete though installation instructions were not perfectly clear. I ended up with 1 1/2 inch lift in rear and 2 1/2 in front which leveled out my JK (it sat slightly nose down due to installation of a 12000 lb. winch on front bumper) This is just about right for me and my driving habits and did not require driveline changes. One thing I found out during installation was that the front track bar was missing nuts on both ends. Why I did not experience problems in 4k miles I do not know, but I sure did after installation of the lift kit. I installed nuts and corrected prolem easily! TF technical support was very helpful when needed!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abbera
I just installed a 2 1/2 Teraflex suspension lift kit w/shocks on my 2013 JK. I found out after I ordered that I had to install spacers for the stock (Rubicon upgraded) wheels. Kit was complete though installation instructions were not perfectly clear. I ended up with 1 1/2 inch lift in rear and 2 1/2 in front which leveled out my JK (it sat slightly nose down due to installation of a 12000 lb. winch on front bumper) This is just about right for me and my driving habits and did not require driveline changes. One thing I found out during installation was that the front track bar was missing nuts on both ends. Why I did not experience problems in 4k miles I do not know, but I sure did after installation of the lift kit. I installed nuts and corrected prolem easily! TF technical support was very helpful when needed!
Just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 with wheel spacers. Now the wait for brown santa.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd H
Just ordered the Teraflex 2.5 with wheel spacers. Now the wait for brown santa.
Post some pics when installed. Will be a nice set up.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	ForumRunner_20130725_221912.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	481852

Both of these are running 2.5 lifts....left one is mopar and mine (the right one) is Teraflex. No issues and great ride on and off-road.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Lift advice for a JKUR